“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Marine Court Hotel

Marine Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Just back from a one night stay at the hotel, which was overall good and enjoyable! We were made to feel very welcome on arrival, with swift check in. Room was spacious, large comfy bed. I had requested a room with a view, but there were none left, so we had a view to the rear of the hotel - not wonderful! Room was clean, plenty of tea and coffee supplies, and some biscuits! We were staying DBB, and I have to say the dinner was 100% (I'd been a bit worried about it as my man really loves a good BID feed!). Chicken for main course was delish, served with plenty of veg and a side of potatoes/chips too. Baileys cheesecake heaven! Breakfast was also brilliant - buffet continental breakfast and then your 'fry-up' is served to your table - steaming hot as well!
Overall a good stay, friendly reception staff and attentive and plesant waiting staff at restaurant. Location also very good, very central and easy walking distance of shops, bars etc - try Betty's for cocktails.

Only negative point - I'm quite fussy about the bathrooms in hotels and this one wasn;t great - probably quite clean, but in need of an overhaul and revamp.
Other then this, give the hotel a go, we had a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2010

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated politely and enthusiastically by the staff at Reception, the pool and also at breakfast. The room was clean and fresh with all the touches anyone would want from a variety of types of tea to a selection of items in the bathroom. The hotel is located right on the seafront with Bangor Marina in front of it so everything is handy to it. The bar was very quiet but it was mid week so we weren't surprised. The pool was was fantastic with towels supplied. I have been in Bangor many times and walked past this hotel without realising what a gem it is.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is an amazing Hotel!!!
On arrival my husband and I were checked in by a really lovely receptionist who made us feel very welcome from we walked in the front door...We were there to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary which I had previously mentioned when making the booking and when we got to our room which I might add we got a free upgrade to a gorgeous room with sea views over the Marina (beautiful) but they had went to the trouble of putting rose petals on the bed and lovely chocolates truffles which I thought was really really thoughtful.
The king size bed which I actually think was Super King Size was the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in and even the pillows were so soft as well!!! The room was so clean and fresh and we were able to sit and look at all the goings on in Bangor that evening...I think this is a SUPERB HOTEL and would HIGHLY recommend it...I will definitely be returning and telling all my friends as well....
A Big Thank You to all the Staff at Marine Court!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Stayed at the hotel with my husband and two children aged 9 and 6, we had a delightful weekend. Staff were very welcoming and friendly, excellent with the kids....truly family friendly. The swimming pool and gym were very clean, kids loved it. The food was second to none and very reasonably priced. Rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We will definately stay here again, Bangor was a lovely town.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2010

I had booked this hotel after reading the previous reviews on trip advisor. However i was very disappointed. Firstly, the hotel is quite oldish and is in need of a revamp. I did not find the staff at reception either friendly or enthusiastic, quite frankily it lacked effort and felt more of a bother. The first room we had on the second floor was horrible. It was dirty- make up marks on the main dresser and in the welcome folder, sticky drink stains on the table. There was no toilet or tissue paper, the curtains where not hung properly and the lamp shade was hung at an angle - the room did not appear to have been cleaned properly at all. I wanted to leave straight away. We went outside then to consider our options and then we got a phone call from the hotel to ask us to change rooms due to a mix up - which we did without hesitation. They also offered us a complimentary dinner for the inconvenience which i have to say was lovely - full compliments there. the second room we moved too was better - cleaner, brighter and appeared bigger - still a murky smell hung about the room though. However we where rudely awakened n the morning by a loud rapping on the hotel door with a staff member outside shouting in asking us had we two tv's in our room! Now this happened at ten o clock and there was a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. Why would we have two tv's in our room? Make of that what you will. In the end we decided to check out a day early - i just felt the hotel lacked quality and standard and i will not be returning. I only felt bad for the people moving in to our initial room on the second floor.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2010

From the minute we arrived at the Marine Court we were made to feel welcome and the reception staff could not have been nicer. On arrival we got informed all residents receive half price drinks from 6pm-9pm so it was straight to the bar. The location was great right in the town centre and only minutes from both the golf clubs we played at. The steam room was my game, every morning for 15minutes and that was me ready for ripping it out on the course. On check-out we decieded to book again for next year the Marine Court is a fantastics place and we cant wait to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I have stayed here a few times when my dad comes to Northern Ireland and we find it a nice clean place to stay,the rooms are god,clean and spacious and the staff are really helpful. My daughter was really sick when we arrived and the manageress could not do enough to help.The restaurant is very reliable staff are good and the food espiecially the steakd are really good.The leisure facilities are good the only down side is if you stay at the weekend there can be a bit of noise from the weekend revellers in the town!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Culloden Estate & Spa
Culloden Estate & Spa
#1 of 2 in Holywood

Been to Marine Court Hotel? Share your experiences!