“Best in Town”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Glasgow
“Best in Town”
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I have been staying at the Marine court 1/2 nights on average every other month for the past 4 years. Excellent staff, always willing to help and always with a smile. Restaurant food is always 1st class with portions which will satisfy the largest of appetites. Bar is always friendly and although i have never quite got round to using the gym or pool they look lovely. i would not hesitate to recommend to anyone either business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We have stayed about 8 times in the Marine Court in Bangor,& have already booked for Dec,its just perfect,we love everything about it, 1st class staff,very friendly & helpful, We have stayed in Deluxe suite & Abbey suite awell as standard rooms & enjoyed them all,very comfortable & beautifully decorated.....also its location is great for shopping or just a relaxing walk around the harbour.The food is always delicious & plenty of it :) Ive recommended it to family & friends,infact myself & 2workmates r going to stay in a few weeks....cant wait,always enjoy staying here,could not fault it in anyway Samantha & Alan..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2010

This hotel is always excellent. I have stayed here over many years with colleagues and on my own and have never had cause to complain ever. When on my own I always feel safe here.

Nice size rooms, excellent beds.
Large fluffy and beautifully clean white towels.
Breakfasts hard to beat anywhere.
Dinner Menu could do with updating, but plenty of choice and cooked well.
Local people come to dine here for a special occasion or a family meal and have function rooms for weddings and conferences.
Can be noisy when windows are open on some evenings, but hardly ever past midnight.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Spa with Pool too!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Just back from a one night stay at the hotel, which was overall good and enjoyable! We were made to feel very welcome on arrival, with swift check in. Room was spacious, large comfy bed. I had requested a room with a view, but there were none left, so we had a view to the rear of the hotel - not wonderful! Room was clean, plenty of tea and coffee supplies, and some biscuits! We were staying DBB, and I have to say the dinner was 100% (I'd been a bit worried about it as my man really loves a good BID feed!). Chicken for main course was delish, served with plenty of veg and a side of potatoes/chips too. Baileys cheesecake heaven! Breakfast was also brilliant - buffet continental breakfast and then your 'fry-up' is served to your table - steaming hot as well!
Overall a good stay, friendly reception staff and attentive and plesant waiting staff at restaurant. Location also very good, very central and easy walking distance of shops, bars etc - try Betty's for cocktails.

Only negative point - I'm quite fussy about the bathrooms in hotels and this one wasn;t great - probably quite clean, but in need of an overhaul and revamp.
Other then this, give the hotel a go, we had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed 22 June 2010

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated politely and enthusiastically by the staff at Reception, the pool and also at breakfast. The room was clean and fresh with all the touches anyone would want from a variety of types of tea to a selection of items in the bathroom. The hotel is located right on the seafront with Bangor Marina in front of it so everything is handy to it. The bar was very quiet but it was mid week so we weren't surprised. The pool was was fantastic with towels supplied. I have been in Bangor many times and walked past this hotel without realising what a gem it is.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is an amazing Hotel!!!
On arrival my husband and I were checked in by a really lovely receptionist who made us feel very welcome from we walked in the front door...We were there to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary which I had previously mentioned when making the booking and when we got to our room which I might add we got a free upgrade to a gorgeous room with sea views over the Marina (beautiful) but they had went to the trouble of putting rose petals on the bed and lovely chocolates truffles which I thought was really really thoughtful.
The king size bed which I actually think was Super King Size was the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in and even the pillows were so soft as well!!! The room was so clean and fresh and we were able to sit and look at all the goings on in Bangor that evening...I think this is a SUPERB HOTEL and would HIGHLY recommend it...I will definitely be returning and telling all my friends as well....
A Big Thank You to all the Staff at Marine Court!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Stayed at the hotel with my husband and two children aged 9 and 6, we had a delightful weekend. Staff were very welcoming and friendly, excellent with the kids....truly family friendly. The swimming pool and gym were very clean, kids loved it. The food was second to none and very reasonably priced. Rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We will definately stay here again, Bangor was a lovely town.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Newtownards
Stormont Hotel
Stormont Hotel
#10 of 45 in Belfast

Been to Marine Court Hotel? Share your experiences!