“Home away from home”

Ennislare Guest House
Ranked #6 of 18 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Just got back to Canada from 11 days at Ennislare House.
All the staff, Ann, Jenny, John & Liz were the friendliest & most helpful of anywhere I've stayed!
Breakfasts were delicious & the service was immaclulate. I had a nice little room with my own bathroom & it was clean as a whistle.
I had a bad day one day so Jenny & John volunteered to go with me to see the Titanic exhibition. The day I left I was going to taxi to the train station but Ann insisted on driving me!
It was like saying goodbye to my family...they really know how to treat their guests!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just got back from 4 nights staying at the Ennislare.The hospitality and friendlyness of Ann and Jenny was excellent,they made us feel welcome and at home from the minute we arrived.Nothing was too much trouble for them.We had room 8 which was large/modern and spotlessly clean room with a ocean view.Breakfast was excellent,cooked fresh and one of the best we have ever had.Having the full use of a kitchen they provide for guest was a great help.Would highly reccommend and would definately go back if in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We booked our room at the last minute at Ennislare Guest House. We only stayed one night 25/5/12. Our room was clean and tastefully decorated. Ann the Manager was most friendly and helpful. Our breakfast was one of the best we have had in a Bed & Breakfast. The poached eggs were to die for, perfectly cooked. The coffee was fresh certainly not instant. Very relaxing way to start the day. The Guest House was very conveniently situated for the Marina and nightlife. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

friendly and helpful, clean and spacious room, close to restaurants and harbour

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My wife and I stayed there for a week in March and Jenny and Ann couldnt do enough for us to make our stay even better. We have now stayed there 4 times and it just keeps getting better. The guest house is clean, warm and comfortable and centrally located for bus and train station, the Marina and resturants and excellent value. Thank you Ann and Jenny

Room Tip: The room was on the first floor at the front of the house and the bathroom and the room are huge
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I wanted somewhere quiet and comfortable at a modest price, and based my expectation on the price paid. It ticked all the boxes and I wasn't disappointed. I did recognise some of the quibbes mentioned by other reviewers but they were of no significance. Located in a quiet residential area about 15 minutes walk from the train and bus station, hospitality was first class and breakfast excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank northernblue109
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed over the weekend Anne and Jenny did all thay could to make our stay a good one.The food was good. Bedroom and public areas all well maintained to a high standard.Just 5 min walk from the marina.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Marine Court Hotel
#1 of 2 in Holywood
Shelleven Guest House
Shelleven Guest House
#1 of 18 in Bangor

Been to Ennislare Guest House? Share your experiences!