“Girls weekend break”

Ranked #5 of 20 Bangor B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Girls weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Two friends and myself shared room 8 which was a front facing room... We were warmly greeted and felt welcomed throughout our two night stay...The room was modern with an ensuite and the beds were really comfortable.. The guest house was clean, brightly decorated in neutral colours and comfortable.. The breakfast was delicious and cooked to order..I highly recommend it if staying in Bangor..five min walk downhill to marina, shops and bars...lovely time in Bangor and great to know we were going back to relax...Thank you

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

It would be nice to post a review of the facilities on offer however I have had a terrible experience of the ennislare booking system. I booked online through the website and received a confirmation email I turned up on the Saturday evening expecting my room only to find that there was no record of my booking, no one had ever heard of me and there was nothing available. The lady in the b&b said she was sorry and tried to ring around other b&bs for alternative accommodation. All that could be offered was a very substandard hotel in the vicinity. There was no question of being sent to alternative accommodation of superior quality. I left the b&b with no where to go and no viable alternative offered. Altogether a scandalous experience with zero customer service. No mention of a refund (although I have asked) and no explanation of what went so badly wrong with my booking. My advice - do not book online. They are obviously incapable of providing a basic service. Very very poor. despite needing a b&b on a fairly regular basis I will not be using this one again as they cannot be trusted to provide the service that they previously confirmed. The lady who dealt with my query had shocking customer service and was unable to provide a suitable solution. A much anticipated weekend was ruined.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lorraine M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Just had a 2 night stay at Ennislare guest house and cant fault it, room was spotless and beds very comfy, excellent breakfast and Anne and jenny were really friendly and helpful, would recommend it to anyone and will stay there again when returning to Bangor.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Teresa C
lisburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Me and my fella stayed here and we were made very welcomed with such friendly ladies that run the place :) We stayed here over the weekend.. When we got to our room it was nice and cosy although a bit cold but the lady said she would put the heat on for us coming back later from the pub (we had too many to even notice if it was on or not!!) The rooms were spotless and warm with a nice comfy bed and a great en-suite:) We were only 2 secs into town:) I would definitely stay here again and the breakfast was lovely and you get a choice! As most guest houses have a set menu!! ..So yes all in all good time had at Bangor craic was great in pubs and everyone was friendly .. The Goats Toe is a bar to visit:) ...Thanks ladies for our comfy weekend :)xx

Room Tip: We stayed at very top floor and all was grand as i expect all rooms are:)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roisin B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

First of all I'm shocked by all the good reviews, my stay was far from that! The house is freezing and we pretty much had to beg to get the heating turned on. We even had to wear coats to breakfast! There is no wifi as advertised. I do not recommend at all. Note to owner- In the middle of winter you may want to turn the heat on, guests are paying after all!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Gillian B
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went here with a group and stayed 2 nights. I myself asked for a single room having an awful habit of snoring.
My room was spotless clean, decent size for a single en-suit room. Surprised to read that some of you had dirty rooms. We stayed in 4 rooms in total and all were clean.
My single had shower, toilet and sink in bathroom, single bed, bedside locker, wardrobe, telly and a 19th Century style writing desk. All fit in nicely with enough space to move around.
Breakfast was generous and the owner lady had served us who couldn't be any more kind.
The only down side was that you could smell the breakfast in your room and it just got stronger the closer you got to the kitchen and dining room. We all decided to change our shirts after breakfast.

All in all, i will defo go bac with my family and will stay here for a few nights. Bangor is a lovely place full of friendly coffees and burger places, it is great for family to spend a long weekend in.

Room Tip: If you are traveling solo but you think you need a big room to yourself you'll be happy with the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here last night rather than face a long journey home after attending a wedding in the area. We stayed in a family room and I must say that I cannot find anything bad to say. The house is a lovely old style with high celings and is kept very clean and well maintained. Beds were extremely comfy - slept like a log - clean crisp sheets. Breakfast (Ulster Fry) was excellent - really needed the extra pot of coffee to help with the hang over. And last, but by no means least, all the staff were very friendly and made us feel extremely welcome. We could have chatted to the two ladies at breakfast or ages - oh hang on, I think we probably did. We would definately stay here again and will certainly recommend it to anyone who needs accomodation in the Bangor area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Marine Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newtownards
Shelleven Guest House
Shelleven Guest House
#1 of 20 in Bangor

Been to Ennislare Guest House? Share your experiences!