“Excellent hotel and great staff”

and 1 more site!
Ennislare Guest House
Ranked #5 of 18 Bangor B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel and great staff”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I stayed with my partner and three young children. The room was very comfortable and had everything we needed for to keep the kids amused. The entire hotel was very clean and the staff were frendily and very helpful. Would book again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Manchester
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I read these reviews a lot but have never felt compelled to write one until now. My mum is from Bangor and so I've been coming over from England for as long as I can remember. This time was for my little sister's Hen weekend and I had 9 girls to accommodate. After shopping around, I stumbled upon the Ennislare and chose it based on the competitive rate, initially, hoping to match our small-ish budget and also because I've often admired the houses that line the sea front.

Anne (the owner) and Jenny were so utterly lovely and laid back. (I was worried the mention of a hen weekend might put them off, but the welcomed us with open arms:) They clearly put their heart and soul into everything - the rooms were decorated to a really lovely standard. Contemporary, clean, bright, and charming. Amazing crisp white bedlinen. Each room had an ensuite bathroom.

We all made it down to an early-ish breakfast both mornings of fresh juices, fruit, yoghurt and a choice of cooked breakfast (they made me a lovely veggie fry) with a choice of tea or coffee! Fixed our sore heads and set us up for the day:)

It was such a relief that I'd found somewhere so nice. It really set the tone for the rest of the weekend. My sister was delighted, as was my Mum. There were a couple of other people staying at the same time as us - they seemed equally as chuffed with themselves.

The location is great. Sea views. A stroll from anywhere and everywhere you'd want (train station 5 mins walk, town centre 5 mins walk.)

Couldn't have asked for a better setting. I'm already thinking about visiting again and taking my chap with me. Awesome value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I had to stay in Bangor on extended business for several weeks and was not looking forward to a long-term stay in a hotel but the owners of the guest house - two amazingly accommodating and friendly women - made it feel like a treat. The rooms are comfortable, bright with excellent en suite bathrooms (the one i stayed in at least). The breakfasts were excellent and all staff were exceptionally friendly. If you want to have a little insight into the Norn Irish way then I definitely recommend a stay here. For value for money this is the best hotel I might have actually have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
craigavon
Reviewed 14 November 2009

I stayed here the night before my wedding and was very pleased with everything to do with the accommodation. The staff were really helpful and welcoming and the Ulster Fry was one of the best i have had anywhere! I had a fry on the morning after my wedding in The Old Inn, Crawfordsburn which didn't even come close to the quality of the breakfast from the Ennislare Guest House (you could tell all the ingredients used were not cheap crap!), there was also a good selection of cereals, fruit and juices and the service was very fast. The bed was really comfy and the sheets were very good quality which was one of the reasons i had one of the best nights sleep i ,have had in a long time. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I came to Bangor with family for a family wedding, there were 15 of us so we filled the house!! We were made very welcome and Ann treated us like family too! She even provided champagne and orange juice for the morning of the wedding! smashing!! Would definitely go back- although i probably wont be in Ireland for another few years!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2008

We have booked in very short advance. There was only family room available.
Room was quite big for two of us but I think it would be too small for whole family. It was very tidy. We actually just passed cleaning person in doors but there was no smell of detergents. Bed was comfortable and there was lovely view towards the Bangor Harbour.
During the night we didn't hear any noises on corridors even whole guest house was packed up.
Breakfast was ok.

• Liked — Size of the room
  • Disliked — Tiny TV
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Bobie81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Marine Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newtownards
Shelleven Guest House
Shelleven Guest House
#1 of 18 in Bangor

Been to Ennislare Guest House? Share your experiences!