“Excellent service and extremely friendly and helpful staff”

and 1 more site!
Ennislare Guest House
Ranked #5 of 19 Bangor B&B and Inns
Dartford
“Excellent service and extremely friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

A very clean and bright B&B with very friendly and helpful staff, who do all they can to ensure your stay is enjoyable. A choice of breakfasts to 'set you up for the day' is freshly cooked with no waiting around. The room was spacious and comfortable and ours had a sea view and en suite. This B&B is just about 3 minutes walk away from the sea and the impressive harbour and coastal walk. It is also very close to the shopping centre and train station. We loved our stay there and would recommend it without hesitancy.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

6 of us stayed for 4 nights. We arrived to a very warm welcome. The standard and cleanliness of the rooms was superb and the breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

I travelled with my partner and my sister and her husband for a weekend stay to Ennislare guest house. We had a really warm welcome by Jenny. Our room was lovely, very clean and had everything you need for your stay. Breakfast was lovely and Ann the owner was also very friendly and welcoming. I would highly reccomend this place if your planning to stay in Bangor. This is the first time I have ever wrote a review, I feel the Ennislare is worth it and we really could`nt have a nicer time thanks to Jenny and her hospitality. We hope to get back again soon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

I stayed with my partner and three young children. The room was very comfortable and had everything we needed for to keep the kids amused. The entire hotel was very clean and the staff were frendily and very helpful. Would book again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

I read these reviews a lot but have never felt compelled to write one until now. My mum is from Bangor and so I've been coming over from England for as long as I can remember. This time was for my little sister's Hen weekend and I had 9 girls to accommodate. After shopping around, I stumbled upon the Ennislare and chose it based on the competitive rate, initially, hoping to match our small-ish budget and also because I've often admired the houses that line the sea front.

Anne (the owner) and Jenny were so utterly lovely and laid back. (I was worried the mention of a hen weekend might put them off, but the welcomed us with open arms:) They clearly put their heart and soul into everything - the rooms were decorated to a really lovely standard. Contemporary, clean, bright, and charming. Amazing crisp white bedlinen. Each room had an ensuite bathroom.

We all made it down to an early-ish breakfast both mornings of fresh juices, fruit, yoghurt and a choice of cooked breakfast (they made me a lovely veggie fry) with a choice of tea or coffee! Fixed our sore heads and set us up for the day:)

It was such a relief that I'd found somewhere so nice. It really set the tone for the rest of the weekend. My sister was delighted, as was my Mum. There were a couple of other people staying at the same time as us - they seemed equally as chuffed with themselves.

The location is great. Sea views. A stroll from anywhere and everywhere you'd want (train station 5 mins walk, town centre 5 mins walk.)

Couldn't have asked for a better setting. I'm already thinking about visiting again and taking my chap with me. Awesome value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

I had to stay in Bangor on extended business for several weeks and was not looking forward to a long-term stay in a hotel but the owners of the guest house - two amazingly accommodating and friendly women - made it feel like a treat. The rooms are comfortable, bright with excellent en suite bathrooms (the one i stayed in at least). The breakfasts were excellent and all staff were exceptionally friendly. If you want to have a little insight into the Norn Irish way then I definitely recommend a stay here. For value for money this is the best hotel I might have actually have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
craigavon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

I stayed here the night before my wedding and was very pleased with everything to do with the accommodation. The staff were really helpful and welcoming and the Ulster Fry was one of the best i have had anywhere! I had a fry on the morning after my wedding in The Old Inn, Crawfordsburn which didn't even come close to the quality of the breakfast from the Ennislare Guest House (you could tell all the ingredients used were not cheap crap!), there was also a good selection of cereals, fruit and juices and the service was very fast. The bed was really comfy and the sheets were very good quality which was one of the reasons i had one of the best nights sleep i ,have had in a long time. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Marine Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newtownards
Shelleven Guest House
Shelleven Guest House
#1 of 19 in Bangor

Been to Ennislare Guest House? Share your experiences!