“Don't go past The Cairn Bay Lodge”

The Cairn Bay Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2010

If you are staying in Bangor don't go past The Cairn Bay Lodge. Jenny and Chris go out of their way to make you welcome. All the niceties are privided, large bottles of wonderful products in the bathroom, a cupboard full of items in case you forgot to bring something, fresh cake on a stand outside the rooms, magazines and books everywhere and breakfast is wonderful, not to mention the view of the bay. A real pampering idea, Jenny has a beauty salon in the lodge so have a facial or massage followed by high tea in the lounge - perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KillaraSydney

Reviewed 29 June 2010

You will be made to feel extra special at Cairn Bay Lodge. Chris and Jenny really know how to make your stay relaxing, stress free and highly pleasurable...quite welcome seeing as we had our one year old daughter with us...!!

The breakfast menu was equisite with lots of choice and our bedroom (which was facing the bay) was like something from a good home magazine. There was even a different home made cake to help yourself too on the way to your room..!!

I had a massage in the spa which was also amazing. We can't wait to go back again next year and only wish we'd stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This was our second visit to Cairn Bay Lodge as we loved it so much on our first stay. The location is excellent with beautiful sea views and only a 20 minute walk into Bangor town centre. Friendliness of owners, staff and hospitality was1st class and would rate food and accommodation as good as any 5 star hotel but much more welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was the best we have ever had with an excellent choice on menu comparing it to all other top hotels we have stayed in. You will certainly not come away hungry! We will definately stay here again as it is perfect for a total chill out weekend.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I had occasion to stay at the Cairn Bay Lodge with my daughter very recently. Sadly we were visiting Bangor for a family funeral. It was my first visit to this wonderful establishment. The owners, Chris and Jenny made us extremely welcome, it was a home from home but more luxurious. The breakfast was second to none - a marvelous selection of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals and the best cooked breakfast I have had in a very long time. Our room was beautifully decorated with extremely comfortable beds and the next time I am in Bangor the Cairn Bay Lodge will be my first port of call. Keep up the good work, change nothing because what you have really works well.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We have been back to Bangor to visit several times and never wanted to stay anywhere else. The owners Chris and Jenny provide a warm welcome without being to intrusive. The breakfast is excellent. The rooms that we have stayed in are spacious and of a very high standard. The views of Ballyholme Bay from the front of the guest house are beautifull. The walks into town and the coastline are most enjoyable. A visit to Belfast is a must and it is only 30 minutes away. I would strongly recommend this guest house to anyone planning a visit to Bangor.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2009

I had expected a good standard bed and breakfast - what I got was a boutique mini-hotel atmosphere and facilities with the approachability and friendliness of a b&b. Chris stayed up as I was late arriving.

The rooms are furnished and decorated in an inventive, unique way which I hadn't experienced before.

The breakfast was the best I've ever had......Chris even went and bought marmite for me on request. The bacon was cooked just the way I like it, the duck eggs done to perfection and nothing seemed too much trouble.

There's a beauty salon which I didn't have time to try this time but certainly will next time I visit.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2009

I recently stayed with some work friends at Cairn Bay Lodge and the whole experience was fantastic. The attention to detail and service at this beautiful lodge was second to none. It was magical and truly inviting. The rooms are gorgeous and very comfortable, and extremely good value for money. I loved this place so much (and so did my friends) that I haven't stopped talking about it and i'm planning another visit next year for my Mum's 60th birthday. I could go on for hours about this place and the lovely surroundings in Bangor but just one thing, the breakfast is to die for! Chris and Jenny are fantastic hosts too!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Salty Dog Hotel & Bistro
6 mi away
Culloden Estate & Spa
Culloden Estate & Spa
#1 of 2 in Holywood

Been to The Cairn Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!