“not happy”

Ranked #99 of 165 Restaurants in Bangor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2011

was very disappointed with my meal
was staying in hotel and of course i headed to nelsons restaurant for my evening meal.
it was a very busy night as they wer getting their carpet cleaned in main reatauret so we askd to eat in the bar. this was ok but i felt very cramped as ther was not much room or the number of dinners that were dinning
my meal-- i was very disappointed with meal so much so i couldnt eat it it was over cooked as in pure burnt. when the waiter came to collect are plates he commented on meal being burnt. he even remembered me at breakfast next morning and commented in a friendly manner about the fry not being burnt lik my meal had be. however i paid for meal but will never be dinning their agian.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Booked a table in the restaurant for a special occasion and when we arrived we were told the restaurant was closed for carpet cleaning and we were asked to use the bar.

To be honest the bar smelled like a gents toilet and we did not want to celebrate a special occasion in that venue.

It seems fair enough to close a restaurant for carpet cleaning but we should not have been allowed to book a table and they had our number so they could have contacted us.

Also the receptionist was very rude to us when we arrived and was very unhelpful.

I gave the hotel a chance to answer my complaint when I rang them the next morning but the manager simply was not interested. Very poor will not be back