“Below par dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Below par dinner”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was in the restaurant on Friday night along with my wife. I had a starter and main and she just a main. My starter of garlic prawns was lovely but my steak was poor. Tough, quite fatty and not particularly big. Sorry, 2 out of 10.
My wife had chicken which was lovely. I've eaten here quite regularly over the years and as you know these places are judged on their last meal.
I will go back but just hope it was a one off, anyone can have an off day.

1 Thank Night-train88

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very friendly service and great food served in a lovely room with great views over the marina.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank TheSlyFox
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“Christmas Dinner!”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I know Christmas Dinner out in any Hotel can be a challenge for any Hotel but Dec 2011 was like Faulty Towers. We booked for 8pm and arrived at 7-45. We were all (party of 14) seated at 9.20. Couldn't get any drinks as the lovely girl left alone at the bar couldn't serve everyone. Her head moved like she was watching a tennis match. Food arrived cold and head staff argued over order despite was pre-ordered over phone. Nice finishing touch was the mash which looked as if it had been scooped from other tables contained pieces of veg. Turkey should have come with a chain saw not a knife. Recommend? no!

NI
“A lovely evening”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I ate here between Christmas and New Year, we hadnt been in a long time because the service was bad on our last visit.
As always our steaks were cooked to total perfection and the rest of the meal was excellent.
We were delighted with the service and found the staff very efficient. Our waiter, Sunny, was attentive without being in your face and made it a great night.
Sunny is a credit to you!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank CM149
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Christmas Night Out”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Myself and 29 friends had our Christmas Party Night here and it was made fabulous by the food which was delicious and generous, the service that was terrific and left us wanting for nothing, and, finally the atmosphere which gave our party a swing. We all enjoyed the evening and a big Thank You to all - look forward to seeing you again soon.

Visited December 2011