“Been here a few times and will return”
Review of Frankie and Benny's - CLOSED

Frankie and Benny's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I have been to Frankie and Bennys several times and tasted the breakfast and lunch menu. Myself and my husband can be fussy at times and enjoy good food, but I think the previous bad reviews are unfair. Its a restaurant suitable for all the family and the staff are very attentive to the younger members. I had a gorgeous, fresh, homemade pizza with no complaints. My husband had a burger and chips which he said was very tasty, I do admit it may be difficult to go wrong with pizzas and burgers but that is obviously the food that this place is good at! Breakfast was good value and again tasty, the restaurant is spotlessly clean and the staff are friendly.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

If you've been in a "Frankie and Bennys" before, then this restaurant is just like the last. Young, friendly staff @ Bangor restaurant serving good food. As it is "child friendly" expect alot of noise if you visit at the weekend. I chanced going late one evening and it was lovely and peaceful. Nice to be able to experience an american/italian diner without having to travel to Belfast.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Been here 3 times in september the food was burnt . in febuary it was passable and in march was burnt wont ever be back .

1  Thank Ericgroomsport
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We enjoy both American and Italian food , and were interested when this restaurant opened in the Bloomfield shopping complex. We have been there 4 times now , and aside from our first time, have, on all subsequent visits ,come away disappointed in the quality of the food and unsettled by the final bill.
This restaurant is expensive for what it purposrts to be and for the quality of the food served.
Basically, if you like your food smothered in either garlic , pepper, or barbeque sauce to the detriment of all or indeed, any other flavours, then this is the place for you!
The booths are set close together, and we are always seated near other people - fine if the place is busy;unecessarily crowding if it is not, and last night it wasn't.
It also sends 'special offers'by e-mail and seems to have an unending list of saver deals -just as well, given the quality of the food; not unpleasant; merely overcooked and sloppily presented.
We both chose the 'New York chicken ' which consisted of breast of chicken topped with crispy bacon ,cheese and barbeque sauce with a side of coleslaw, corn on the cob,french fried onion rings (2) and a choice of potato- we asked for jacket.
The offer we were using gave us £10 off two main courses.
As previously stated, the food was disappointing. The plate was swimming in sauce; and the corn on the cob had been boiled into submission ; reminding me of the similar delicacy served by MacDonald's.
The bill, when it came was un-itemised, and the meal, including two glasses of coke and the discount , came to over £23.00. We had to ask for the cost of each item - not something I would usually do, but the idea that the full price of the slop on offer being over £33.00 seemed extortionate.
There are better American /Italian restaurants out there, and I doubt if we will return to this one again.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I also like a previous reviewer had to wait until the chef returned from Tesco to get my breakfast.Very strange to see the chef walking across the carpark with a tesco bag.food very nice but took over an hour to arrive,Think I'll just go to Tesco in future,much cheaper and quicker

1  Thank Dnghdngh