“Excellent value and service as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gringos - CLOSED

Gringos
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Gringos is a fantastic new Bring Your Own (BYO) mexican restaurant experience offering all the delights of Mexico and more! We aren't going to give you the normal sales patter, we simply say "pruébelo usted mismo" or try it for yourself.At Gringos have taken traditional mexican cuisine to the next level by refining the flavours and textures to create something very special indeed. Every dish we create is made with the freshest of ingredients and the majority of goods would be sourced locally by our chefs to ensure you the quality.All Gringos restaurants offer coffees and snacks throughout the day with takeaway options available from our lunch menu including an array of packaged torta sandwiches and wraps made fresh in house everyday.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and service as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had a lovely meal and the service could not have been better. The portions were more than adequate and I would recommend to anyone. We have been with and without the kids and had a lovely experience each time. Excellent value for money - give it a try.

• Visited February 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Never again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

3 chances I've gave this restaurant the chance to prove now never again i have written previous reviews to which everyone was posted and taken down within hours obviously not wanting it to tarnish there reviews, which I am getting sick of but I'll keep submitting so people know what this place is like.
I have used vouchers most times I kept giving them a chance as I adore Mexican food but it's just not a place to visit at all.
I'm not even gonna explain about the other times as they were even worse than now but that was when they where first opened so I'll give them a by ball:)
I got take away voucher to which I got two fajitas two sides firstly I had to wait 2 hours 20 minutes when I got the food it was soaking wet from the juices off fajita tortilla was ruined no sauces, charged etc for peppered chip which was misleading I phoned up to get an answering machine 3 times then I got threw and asked where are my dips? That's etc, sorry!! I said on nifty nosh the dips are included and let's face it who wants a fajita without the sauces and jalapeños make it.
I then got a phone call 3 days later after I did a trip advisor review a young guy Ross who did apologise and offered a refund which was very nice, although he did explain to me they do cut corners to save a bit off money he wanted me to give them one last time so I did on Saturday night I thought I would try one last time to which I got told deliveries stopped at 8pm due to not being able to cope with restaurant customers and take away customers with Groupon vouchers I would expect this with a 70/80 table restaurant but this restaurant is so small that when you dine in it people from other tables are so close its uncomfortable to talk as the other people are so close.
I am writing this review cos people do need to know what is going on down here and I wish they would get it sorted so we can enjoy Mexican food as there are so very few about, please don't bite off more than you can chew stop having excuses for every bad complaint and start fixing your problems.
good luck !!

Bangor, Co Down
“Takeaway meal was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great value with Groupon Coupon. Ordered by phone and what I received was exactly what I
asked for. Delivered on time by a very pleasant young man.
Food was good, plentiful and was well packed, thus hot.
I don't do takeaways but this one was OK. I think that a meal in Gringos Restaurant would
be worth trying.

Visited February 2014
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Def go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The food was so good - so lovely and tasty! The portions were generous - would def recommend and were looking forward to our next gringos visit!Yum yum!!

• Visited January 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“V.gud ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Staff are v.friendly and will go out of their way 4 you. The food was lovely ive been 3 times now n def will continue recommend encilladas and their banana changa is a must 4 dessert lovers yum! :)