“Worth the trip for the ribs alone”
Review of Makhulu 5 - CLOSED

Makhulu 5
Cuisines: African
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Worth the trip for the ribs alone”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I visited this restaurant on a Living Social deal and I am glad to say it was excellent. I am a big fan of BBQ in general and ribs in particular. It is very difficult to get these in Northern Ireland, especially done well. The ribs here were excellent and I will definitely be back for them. In terms of the overall visit. We had Tiger prawns and chicken wings for starters which were delicious, cooked perfectly and with a great BBQ taste. The ambience of the place was great and the attentive staff made for a very pleasant experience. They do specials every day and I look forward to going back and trying these. Well done to Makhulu 5.

• Visited February 2012

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit!!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The staff were very friendly and efficient. We both had steaks to die for, they just melted in your mouth. Slightly more expensive than other places but definitley value for what you get. The music was fab, we could have got up and boogied. Will be back.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank beverley c
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Quite impressed after my first visit to the Makhulu 5. Very reasonable price for lunch menu - 3 courses for a £10. Me and my hubby shared ribs and wings for the starter followed by beef burger and club sandwich. Delicious !!! Would of loved to try the desert but had no space left :)
1 slightly not so good point - the starters took their time to come. Even though we don't mind to wait for good, tasty food I am wondering what's the situation if it's really busy.

Overall - it is a really lovely place: friendly staff and tasty food. Already planning my next visit and taking friends with me :)

• Visited January 2012