“Enjoyable Family Meal”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Been twice for lunch. On both occasions the service has been excellent and for this type of food (ribs,chicken etc) it is very good. The menu is varied and has a good choice for children. Sundays are especially good value with children eating free. After eating here I would never return to the similar establishment that is located very close by.

2  Thank Jean P

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Having eaten here regularly for the last few years i went out with friends last night for dinner. As much as the service was great, food was it's normal standard that there's no complaints about - but the place was just freezing. Like uncomfortably freezing. We told our waitress we were cold & she did apologise for it & admit that even she was cold when working. The manageress basically said they were doing all they could - well sorry I completely disagree. They are clearly aware they have a heating (or lack of) issue so they should be honest & advise people of this when you arrive. Sadly I've spoken to a few friends who've been in recently & all are saying they had the same issue.
I don't think I'll be returning - would rather give my custom to a restaurant that realise the importance of keeping their clients comfortable.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My first time here and it won't be my last. We were warmly welcomed and promptly attended to. Lunch was great, myself and my lady friend both had delicious ham hock served with mash and gravy, while my male friend had a veggie burger which he said was excellant. We had gorgeous butternut squash soup and garlic mushrooms as starters. We brought our own favorite wine and were only charged a couple of quid corkage fee. It wasn't very busy so we were able to have a good old natter without having to shout.My friend had been here in the evening when it gets very busy and very noisey. Enjoyed the experience thoroughly!

1  Thank ballyree
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I took my family here after seeing the good reviews on here. Bad mistake.
There prices are well over the top and the quality of cooking is terrible. How can people enjoy this place! You's obviously don't get out much. My daughter was served chicken that was not cooked. And other stuff over cooked. Total waste of hard earned cash.

1  Thank Theauldsampler
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Oh my goodness! This place belongs in Florida - in a good way!
V friendly greeting, shown to table by enthusiastic lady - I'm sorry I didnt retain her name! We were welcomed to the restaurant in that holiday way which is unusual in this country!
She was v knowledgable about menu and the days specials. This member of staff disappeared out the door at the end of her shift while we were there to a friendly cheerio from another waitress. From an open kitchen view I got the impression that this restaurant have a staff that get on very well indeed! There was a bit of banter from time to time, enough to make u chuckle but not to annoy ur experience.
No 'in your face hows the meal' annoyance.
Wish I lived locally, not the cheapest but not too expensive either.
Cant wait for an excuse to go back!
Good job Makhulu 5!