“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I went to the Bryansburn for my birthday last week it was very disappointing. The starters of Spring Rolls were very nice but we both ordered steaks for our main meal which was an mistake. I ordered Fillet steak medium to well, the waitress said that she would make sure the chef cooked it to my liking. When they brought my steak it was burnt and very dry, she knew that I was not happy so she took it back to the kitchen. A very rude lad came over and told me it was impossible to cook steak medium to well I either had to have it medium or well done. I like my steaks pink without any blood running out of it which I have been able to get in other restaurants. My husband Sirloin steak was cooked fine but with very little flavour. He suggested that I order an alternative, so I ordered Duck which took 20 minutes to cook. I would have thought they could have taken my husbands meal away and kept it warm but that was not done so I ended up having to eat on my own. I think for the price we paid the meal was very poor value for money. We found the management very rude, when we went to pay our bill the manager did not even speak to us or apologise. Would not go back.

2  Thank 73590phyllis73

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Bryansburn has introduced a more casual style of dining in the lounge bar. Various Platters, Tapas and a fabulous 'Steak for 'Two' deal that I would highly recommend, plus a bottle of house wine is available at a discounted price on these deals too! Try it quickly before they change it. The ever popular full menu is served in the dining room as usual. We've been here dozens of times and highly recommend the whole experience.
P.S. The surroundings are clean and cosy and the staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient!

1  Thank Lallyailsa
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had a lovely Sunday lunch, the roast beef was excellent, full of flavour. Staff were very attentive but not intrusive and the service was quite quick given that the restaurant was almost full.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Went here last night for dinner with my boyfriend, had carbonara and lasagne great food and great service.Then moved in to the bar area for coffees, manger gave us refills and made us feel extremely welcome! Look forward to our returning visit! Loved it!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have had lunch on two occasions recently with friends.The staff are very friendly, welcoming and the restaurant is attractive and cosy.
The menu is varied and suits all tastes.We all chose the regular menu and each person was delighted with the presentation and very tasty dish. One of my favourites is chowder and I had it each time, it is so good.
This is a great place to eat and chat whether alone, small groups or larger groups.
I look forward to my next visit.