“smyth wedding”

Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 11 June 2012

just been to the most wonderful wedding!!! wonderful wedding room the reception was the best meal we have had at a wedding breakfast, staff,service and presentation was second to none, we stayed overnight we liked the fact that the main hotel was seperate from the reception area,the rooms where lovely we enjoyed an excellent breakfast next morning

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed at this Hotel last year and returned for a second time for our wedding anniversary. Once again we weren't disappointed. Stayed in a suite on this occasion, which had recently been refurbished to a high standard. Huge monsoon shower in bathroom and a bed you could get lost in. Evening meal, as before, was excellent and staff actually look like they enjoy working there which is reflected in their courteous and helpful attitude, unlike some of the bigger hotel chains we have stayed in, where you sometimes get the feeling you are just inconveniencing them. There is a very relaxed atmosphere about the place and it is difficult to pin point exactly what it is, but whether at the bar, in the restaurant or at reception staff are very professional and make it all look so easy and effortless and if you want to, will gladly engage in conversation about more than the weather. Goes without saying - we will return again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cairncastle20
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here recently to attend a wedding reception. The setting of the hotel is lovely and the surrounding area is very picturesque. I really liked that the function suite is set away from the bedroom block, so there was no noise from late night music or revellers. The wedding reception was great and the meal was beautiful, probably better than we expected to be honest. Our room was very nice, with a lovely view over the countryside. The bed was hugh, and extremely comfy. We ordered breakfast in our room, which was served when requested and was very good. (Beautiful fruit salad!) I would go back to this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Was here recently for my sons wedding. Staff friendly and efficient. food super. Beds very comfy. Only negative was drink slightly overpriced and bathrooms not up to standard of rest of hotel. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bryce K
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Average. Rooms a bit dated but clean. Breakfast slow but good quality.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank mjpUk
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Hotel itself is lovely and set in beautiful grounds, I was at a wedding and the wedding was fantastic, I was disappointed with the double room though as it was two twin beds pushed together and was uncomfortable as the middle parted during the night, for the money I expected better, also wasn't impressed with the breakfast, was hoping for a large fry to set me up for the day but it was a pretty small portion.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pete H
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I made the best decision to have our day at Clandeboye Lodge Hotel in May this year. I am so full of warmth and appreciation towards all the staff involved in making our day so special, that I don't even know where to begin towards expressing the best possible review that I so strongly feel Clandeboye Lodge Hotel deserve!!!
Let me begin with the staff, the staff who went above and beyond to meet our needs, answer our questions, reassure us, and who connected with us on a personal level as well as on a professional level. I had such trust in their professionalism from an early stage and it made the journey towards my wedding day so much more enjoyable. The staff really could not do enough for us, all of the time. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and believe me, their patience and kindness was tested on more than one occasion! I have such appreciation and respect for all the staff who went out of their way to make our wedding day so special and a memory we will treasure so much more having had it at Clandeboye Lodge Hotel.

The accommodation was immaculate and beautiful. I had stayed at the hotel with my Bridemaid and parents the night before our wedding, and we were met with the highest comfort and standard possible. The Bridal Suite was just as perfect, with the extra touches and priceless precision that anyone could expect. I slept like a baby!

The standard of food provided by Clandeboye Lodge Hotel is again next to none. During the run up to our wedding, we had several meals with friends and family, each time it was exceptional. Our wedding meal was gorgeous and all of our guests said the same, even the fussy ones! To again credit the staff, every member was attentive and efficient at all times.

I would highly recommend Clandeboye Lodge Hotel to anyone who is considering to have an event, stay in their hotel, or even just to have a wonderful meal. It is a beautiful hotel, their immaculate grounds provided countless photo opportunities for our wedding pictures. It is located in an incredible setting and is managed by the most professional and wonderful staff imaginable.

I sincerely hope my review has helped anyone thinking of choosing Clandeboye Lodge Hotel for whatever purpose - You won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shelley T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
Rayanne House
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
La Mon Hotel & Country Club

Been to Clandeboye Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!