“Son's Wedding on 8 September 2013”

Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were staying at Clandeboye Lodge to attend our son's wedding on the above date. On arrival, we were greeted by the reception staff as if we were long lost friends. They made us so welcome. This continued throughout our 5 night stay. The staff were so helpful.

The Wedding on Sunday 8 September 2013 was a wonderful experience. The hotel could not have done more for us. The venue was stunning, the food was excellent and beautifully prepared and the whole day was fabulous from beginning to end. Everything ran to time and there was no standing about waiting for things to happen. The hotel was extremely organised.

All in all, we have nothing negative to say about this hotel and would highly recommend it. It is well situated for visiting the area, which is an area of great beauty. What is there not to enjoy?

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel are the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dorothy B
There are newer reviews for Clandeboye Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the clandeboye lodge during the Half Term break. The setting was beautiful and the welcome was friendly. The room was finished to a very high standard with lots of special touches. The service was excellent and the food just perfect. The ideal spot for a short break.

Room Tip: Just book in!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison H
Reviewed 31 October 2013

a beautiful surrounding, quiet location.,.views of beautiful countryside, ideal for a wedding reception,well kept gardens. and ample parking for guests. close to bangor seaside town and marina, the food was very good value , and the service was by friendly and excellent..the rooms were finished to a high standard, and were very clean and tidy,

Room Tip: the room I stayed in was on the first floor, overlooking the gardens, the was no noise from any othe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank marsha w
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at the Clandeboye lodge on Thursday 10th October 2013 as we were attending a family wedding. The staff were exellent as we arrived late and service was about to start so they took are luggage an stored til we could check in. The day was perfect, food exellent and the rooms were lovely. everybody is so friendly and can't do enough to make you feel welcome. This is the second wedding in 4 years we have attended and our views are stil the same.

Breakfast was great and plenty to choose from

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Why wouldn't I ? I am a sales representative. So I stay in many hotels. I can stay in a different hotel every time I make a trip to Belfast for work, but I don't, every month I choose Clandeboye Lodge because I feel so very comfortable and welcome there each and every time- "Home away from Home" there is a lot to be said for that when one is on the road every week. I look forward to my stay each month because I know I will be taken care of. My standards are very high especially with food, I have a very restricted diet which this hotel never fails to accommodate for. I can not say I have experienced any other hotel to EVER fully meet all my special requests, BUT Clandeboye Lodge has always

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Georgina B
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This Hotel is absolutely fantastic to have your full wedding ceremony/reception.
All the staff are exceptional to work with, they listen to all your queries, thoughts and make everything run to clockwork. The food is also amazing with a wide variety to choose from, you definately wont be dissapointed :)
All in all I hoenstly rate this hotel as THE BEST HOTEL I have every been to for a wedding. We had the best day of our lives and with all the help from staff especially the events team everything went well with no hitches :)
If you are looking for a wedding venue go no further than the Clandeboye

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank daffyaly
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Delegates attended the conference from all over Ireland and the UK. As one of the organisation committee I compelled to compliment the Hotel and Events team on a magnificent job. The pre conference meetings and discussions were most professional, focused & friendly. During the weekend conference the food was superb and the service exemplary.
The overall facilities were very comfortable. The Parking & outdoor surroundings outstanding!
The attitude of the staff was at ALL times focused on making the Conference a great success.
Many of the attendees stayed in the Hotel and their feed back was ultra positive. All said and done I would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel & the separate Banqueting/Conference facilities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Rayanne House
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood

Been to Clandeboye Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!