“Lovely hotel”

Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Beautiful hotel Decor modern but warm and welcoming. Room was large and beautifully decorated. Large dormer window with window seat meant I could sit and have my breakfast and work looking out at the lovely grounds the hotel sits in. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The owner of the hotel came over to me and introduced himself and chatted for a while. Made me feel very welcome. It is so nice to find a hotel that takes time to give genuine personal attention to its guests. Not often found.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Clandeboyne Lodge Hotel. I can honestly say it is one of the nicest and friendliest hotels I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many. I cannot recommend this more highly. Wonderful time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with meal included. Hotel is beautiful after being newly decorated. Restaurant has a new menu. Food is gorgeous. No complaints at all. Although I only wish they had Grey Goose in the bar. Rooms where spotless. Staff where very helpful and nothing seemed to much bother.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I spent a most enjoyable evening attending a function hosted in Clandeboye Lodge Hotel in November. we found the attention to detail excellent. Room was very comfortable and breakfast next morning excllent.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone for an extremely comfortable break away from home or to attend a Function.
We cold not have had a better experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Had lunch in the newly refurbished restaurant today with family
Surroundings very chic and food absolutely delicious, staff very pleasant and attentive
There is also a little bistro section for a quick coffee and scone, will have to give that a go on a busy day

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in this hotel with my husband and can hontestly say it is one of the nicest and friendliest hotels I have been in. Having just been refurbished I was astounded at how beautiful the decor and interior design was. There are a few different seating areas in the lounge each with its own take. As you enter you are met with a very warm looking imitation flame fire with very modern seats/couches around it. Then there is another small, more intimate lounge with the feel of being at home in a drawing room with very comfortable seating/cushions etc. There is also a modern conservatory type lounge looking onto an outside patio area, again tastefully decorated. The restaurant is beautiful and modern with an old fashioned feel as there are beams and church style windows. It also has a lovely bar. We ate only once in the restaurant and the food was amazing and very reasonably priced. The piece de resistance for me was the bedroom. I can honestly say I have never slept in such a huge, more comfortable bed. Everything about the room was perfect and the bathroom boasted a lovely long bath. I will certainly recommend this hotel to my friends and even suggested to my daughter that I would love her to get married in this hotel (when she eventually finds herself a man!). 10/10 from me.

Linda Shorthouse

Room Tip: We actually had an upgraded room so my comments are based upon this.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 1 February 2014

20 of us booked in for our Christmas Staff do to go to the Hollywood Glamour night on Friday 13th December!
I can honestly say this was the best Christmas do we have ever had. Food was lovely, staff were very welcoming and looked after us well. The band were great and the general atmosphere of the night was fab!
We will most definitely be back!
How early do you take booking?! :-)

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Looking for somewhere new and interesting on the local restaurant scene, we decided to try something different and check out the new Coq and Bull restaurant at Clandeboye Lodge Hotel. The setting was fantastic - the whole interior of the hotel has undergone an extensive renovation since the last time we were there; it's very elegant, stylish yet with a relaxed, informal feel. The dining experience reflected this and I was glad to see none of the uncomfortable shabby-chic reclaimed furniture style that seems to be so over played in modern restaurants at the minute...

The food was every bit as good as the surroundings; my scallops starter was excellent - really fresh, flavourful and fabulously presented (the cauliflower puree was just as delicious as the perfectly cooked seared scallops). The quality continued with my main course of sirloin steak - I don't often choose steak as a main as so many restaurants in NI tender to overcook it but I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. It was perfectly rare as I'd asked with a lovely seared flavour on the outside. The triple-cooked chips were deliciously fluffy on the inside and satisfyingly crunchy on the outside, whilst the bearnaise sauce was a perfect match in both flavour and consistency for the steak and chips. My dining partner had the burger which she reported as the best she can remember having. I think I'll try it the next time I'm there...which will be soon! We didn't have capacity for desserts but will work up to it for our next visit.

Overall, great dining experience in a great setting and very good value. Something different and definitely worth the visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NIcityhopper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#2 of 2 in Holywood
Titanic Hotel Belfast
Titanic Hotel Belfast
#26 of 46 in Belfast

Been to Clandeboye Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!