Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
US$129
Shelleven Guest House(Bangor)
30Seacliff(Bangor)
1,133 results
All reviewscoq bullblackwood suitewedding venueevents teamrelaxing breakwedding receptionbridal suitenext morningfrom start to finishfirst classfantastic hotelmaster of ceremoniessecond to nonecomfortable roomscooked breakfastbelfast city airportbeef
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel has a beautiful setting for a wedding. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. The new build adds to the hotel and settings making everything feel new and fresh. Ian Smith was absolutely amazing in helping and preparing us for our big day. He helped me get through my preparations but also Made our day go smoothly. The owner Was also very friendly and helpful. I can't recommend this hotel enough and find myself going back for dinner and over night stays. I have eaten at the restaurant on many occasions and Emma Jane was a delight to have help serve us. A beautiful hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia K
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had lunch at the hotel's Coq & Bull restaurant earlier this week with a couple of friends, having heard some good reports about the place and I have to say we were not disappointed. The whole place seems to have had a major makeover and the decor has a very modern sophisticated look but still retains an extremely friendly atmosphere. The food was excellent (as was the presentation) and the waiting staff were friendly and on hand just when you seemed to need them.

Overall a very enjoyable experience, so if you feel like treating your partner or family to a nice meal out I can certainly recommend the Coq & Bull at the Clandeboye Lodge. Bon appetite.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Booked Clandeboye Lodge as we were attending a Wedding close by and the hotel was recommended to us by a friend. We arrived very early and asked if we could park our car in the car park while we attended the wedding, then come back later to check in. This was no problem and they even called us a taxi. The lady on reception was so friendly and very helpful. We arrived back at the hotel very late but were checked in quickly. The room was great, very spacious and it was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was lovely, great powerful shower and nice toiletries. We requested breakfast to our room which was an extra £3 PP, it arrived on time and was very yummy. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again, wish we could of stayed for longer.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Attended a wedding here on Saturday, can't speak highly enough of this venue. Wedding was lovely, meal was lovely, but most impressive was the service, this was excellent, they were all pleasant, well mannered but I keep the most praise for young Jamie who was around all day and he was at all times extremely helpful, courteous and very patient, an example to all. A great day all round. Thankyou

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After this evening it is clear that the Clandeboye Lodge has really pushed out all the stops with its Coq and Bull Restaurant.It may be known as a great wedding venue but the food and service that I received this evening in the main restaurant was one of the best meals I have encountered in a long time.

Kirsty was our waitress for the evening and she was faultless from start to finish with her high level of professional service and also her wide knowledge of the menu. She had suggested the potted duck to start with the yorkshire pudding and it was beautiful. Easily one of the tastiest starters Ive had. For my main course I had the slow roasted lamb with polenta chips and my friend had a delicious malaysian chicken curry.Both dishes came out very promptly but looked as if a lot of time and effort went into the cooking and presentation.Absolutely delicious, my lamb tasted like it had been slow cooked for hours and melted away in my mouth.

The food was simply too good to ignore dessert at this stage and Kirsty again highly recommended the peanut butter shortcake.Wowwww not only was it incredible but it even came shaped in the "coq" emblem of the restaurant.

Big thankyou to the coq and bull team for a brilliant evening and will be 100% back very soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends