“Lovely place and people in a super location”

Shelleven Guest House
Ranked #2 of 18 Bangor B&B and Inns
“Lovely place and people in a super location”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed in October just as Autumn was winning the seasons challenge. The place is lovely and we got a warm welcome. The room was large and comfortable with a super window with a view. The setting is great . Set well back in a grand street and very quiet but still close to all facilities such as train and bus. The town is on the doorstep and the Marina and seawalks are minutes away. Breakfasts were a treat and the atmosphere is reflective of the open friendliness of the owners. We would heartily recommend Shelleven to all and we will be back

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed at Shelleven for four nights with my mother (who walks with a stick) and could not have picked a better place. Phil and Mary were kindness itself and went out of their way to help us. It was a very wet and windy day when we arrived and Phil drove us to Coyle's Bar (good food). We had the lovely big bedroom with seaview but after mother had problems with using the shower, they arranged for us to transfer to the ground floor bedroom with walk-in shower. They even tried to get a bath-stool for her. Mary's cooking was great - so nice to have properly made scrambled eggs, and with smoked salmon too. We really could not fault it and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Minehead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My mother and I stayed here for three nights in July. We were given a lovely big room at the front of the guest house with views towards the harbour. The owners made us feel very welcome and looked after us very well. The breakfast was lovely and filled us up for the rest of the day - nothing was too much trouble.
We hired a car from Avis at Belfast Airport and were charged nearly £400 pounds for a small scratch on the door when we returned it - I accept that we needed to pay something (although it certainly wasn't caused by us) towards it but the amount was excessive. I would certainly not recommend this company to anyone!
Anyway, back to Shelleven - very good value for money and exactly what we needed - thank you :-)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Calgary
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We just stayed for three nights at Shellevenhouse house, we booked the sea view room which was beautiful. We enjoyed our stay in Bangor great location and the train system into Belfast is wonderful. Mary and Phillip are wonderful hosts, their breakfasts are the best. Mary makes the best cheese omelettes. So if you are want a great bed and breakfast please stay here,we really enjoyed the experience and I know you will to.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arilyn
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed two nights at the Shelleven Guest House and had an overall very good experience. The owners are very friendly and very helpful. The level of service is truly recommendable.
My room - not too big but really well kept - was unfortunatly a bit cold - the heat was just turned on when I arrived and it took some time to warm up and because the following day was quite cool outside it was about the same again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here about a year ago as a family with two children. Very comfortable and clean bedroom and bathroom. Brilliant breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank J A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Being disabled, I have more demands than an average traveler. I was impressed by the trouble taken in this hotel to provide me with a shower chair for the shower of my ground floor room which even had grab handles! It was clean, comfortable and the cooking was excellent. Both my travelling companions were delighted with the quality of their very tasty & generous 'Ulster Fries' for breakfast, while I enjoyed the range of cereals, fresh juice & yogurt. Coffee Tea & toast were supplied so generously it would keep even the hungriest & greediest people happy. This was my first visit to N.Ireland & the friendly, helpful owners of this hotel gave me the best first impression I could have hoped for.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irene K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 2 in Holywood
Stormont Hotel
Stormont Hotel
#10 of 44 in Belfast

Been to Shelleven Guest House? Share your experiences!