“Unbeatable pub grub in Bangor”
Review of Jenny Watts

Jenny Watts
Ranked #8 of 175 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my family have eaten in Jenny Watts on many occasions (50+) over the past 10 years and we have never once had a disappointing meal or service. As a family we try and eat out as much as we can and although we do try other places, we always end up comparing it to wether we should have gone to Jenny Watts. The menu hasn't changed much which most of are thankful for because what they do serve, they serve really really well. The value is unbeatable anywhere in Bangor and the portion sizes are great. The staff are very friendly and helpful and seem to be able to sort you out with any food or menu requirements you have. If you are in the mood for pub grub in Bangor this is the place to go.

3  Thank Craigo3

Reviewed 6 August 2014

As an avid football fan I could not believe I was going to visit family and miss the final but as with all low points there is a positive and watching the final in this great pub was the bonus.
Probably the best pub in the area with good clientele, staff and range of beers, a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank puffaenquiries
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I traveled to bangor from South Wales for my 30th birthday and on the Saturday night, decided to have a meal here with my family, on the recommendation from Carolyn at the b&b where I was staying (Auld Pickie B&B). What a lovely night we had here. I ordered the burger and chips. I have never eaten such a huge burger, it must have been 2 inches thick! The food was very nice, piping hot and came quickly. It wasn't too expensive either. Clean toilets and restaurant. The pub had a lovely atmosphere and very friendly staff and handsome barmen too! I rather enjoyed the Fireball shots and polished off a good few of them. I will have to try and hunt that down in Wales! Overall, a lovely place with great food and great people!

3  Thank Teena E
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It's a very busy pub and we were lucky to get a seat. It is not trendy and we went there for pre-meal drinks. It was noisy but it was friendly. someone had bought a very well behaved baby who we only noticed when they were leaving. It's all the better having a rather mature crowd but rather traditional - enjoyed the experience will go back.

1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We headed out for lunch today not really knowing were to go should we head to our usual hangouts like donegans, teddys or jamica inn in the end we thought we'd try somewhere new so decided on jenny watts on arrival in the bar no one there to greet us had to ask the girl behind the bar were to sit as wasn't sure wether you had to eat up stairs the place was empty and lacked atmosphere we decided on were to sit the girl came over with menus and took our drinks orders in the end my partner decided on lasagne with garlic bread and I chose hamburger with bacon and cheese with chips when the food arrived it looked the part big sized portions as the partner started to get stuck in she said taste my lasagne couldnt eat that after tasting it I agreed it was a sloppy slimmy mess covered in overload off cheese with hardly any mince with overcooked garlic bread when we called the waitress over to send it back she seemed shocked and tried to justify it by saying thats one off our best sellers she wasn't that apologetic as if she eas right and were wrong I would actually say worst lasagne ever tasted in bangor and beyond in the end she said was there anything else she would lkke so my partner ordered fish chips and mushy peas which was ok but nothing special, my burger was massive could off done with a bit off seasoning and chips were a bit under cooked overall a bad experience not sure would even give it a second chance as really didn't like the oldergirls attitude towards the issue go next door to donegans and the staff are in a different league so pleasant maybe they just had a bad day overall if you want big portions off not great food ghen this place is for you

5  Thank jeffrey b