“Great value tasty food ..... cleanliness?”
Review of Garfunkel's Ballyholme - CLOSED

Garfunkel's Ballyholme
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A family run bistro, serving good home cooking at the right price. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Also running an early bird menu between 5pm and 6:30pm. Fully licensed and also running a B.Y.O system. You can also just pop in for a coffee and cake in the afternoon.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have eaten here twice in the last month and I'm pleased to say we have not been disappointed with the food or service. Their early bird is good value for money, the food is tasty and portions are adequate. Being able to bring your own wine is always a bonus!

My only complaint: Housekeeping needs a bit of attention. Some of the things I spotted on both my visits that needed cleaning were; the edges of tables, walls, glass on door into the kitchen, windows and the front door. I'm a real stickler for cleanliness, it really doesn't take much to keep a place spotless.

1  Thank Joynel

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Attended today for lunch and nice choice. Gorgeous coffee and pleasant service. Reasonably priced and nice decor. I was very impressed and already to return.

1  Thank PAUL123412
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Chunky toasted sandwich with ham and cheese and a bowl of delicious sweet potato soup, just ideal for a rainy afternoon. Busy little spot and very reasonably priced. My only complaint would be that no one cleared our plates and they remained on our table until we paid and left. Will go back to try their breakfast menu sometime which I've heard good reports about.

1  Thank Justmyopinion51
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have eaten here many times & find the whole experience very enjoyable.
I would recommend the chowder it is very tasty.
The staff are very pleasant & helpful & I look forward to eating here each time we go.
Breakfast is excellent too.

1  Thank M0T6
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Heard about this place from my friends and decided to give it a go and I wasn't let down! The staff where polite and helpful and the food was lovely I couldn't complain!