“Delicious Food Served at Garfunkels ”
Review of Garfunkel's Ballyholme - CLOSED

Garfunkel's Ballyholme
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A family run bistro, serving good home cooking at the right price. Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Also running an early bird menu between 5pm and 6:30pm. Fully licensed and also running a B.Y.O system. You can also just pop in for a coffee and cake in the afternoon.
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I tried Garfunkels for our anniversary dinner & it didn't disappoint. We made a reservation two nights before which was just as well as the bistro was extremely busy & one couple who dropped in without pre-booking a table had to be turned away.

I did find the room very hot & struggled to cope at times (it wasn't even a warm day) but that was my only negative. The food was incredible. We chose from the "early bird" menu (£10.95 for starter & main ordered before 1830). I chose the chicken goujons which melted in the mouth. I couldn't believe how tasty they were. My husband ordered the nachos which were equally delicious (I stole a couple from his plate!). For mains I ordered "Tony's Stack" which was chicken & bacon served on a bed of champ with mushrooms. I couldn't fault the dish - it looked good & tasted sublime.

I had read it was a BYOB in a previous review but wasn't sure as they had an extensive list of wines on their own website. We ordered a bottle of white wine at £14.95 but later noticed that other diners had brought their own alcohol.

The staff were lovely & polite but once they served our dessert they didn't return to our table for the remainder of our meal. My husband had to approach the counter in order to pay the bill. Still a lovely place to dine & I intend to go back again. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Original T-Bird

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I enjoyed my meal at garfunkels very much. i was out for dinner with family and I have to say that I will definitely be back. The service at this restaurant was fantastic, the staff were friendly and polite and ensured that you were well looked after. The food was also fantastic. I had a harissa steak sandwhich with some chip. The steak was beautifully cooked and seasoned nd the chips were crispy and fresh. I woukld recommend this place to anyone looking for good meal.

1  Thank Jack C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have eaten here twice in the last month and I'm pleased to say we have not been disappointed with the food or service. Their early bird is good value for money, the food is tasty and portions are adequate. Being able to bring your own wine is always a bonus!

My only complaint: Housekeeping needs a bit of attention. Some of the things I spotted on both my visits that needed cleaning were; the edges of tables, walls, glass on door into the kitchen, windows and the front door. I'm a real stickler for cleanliness, it really doesn't take much to keep a place spotless.

1  Thank Joynel
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Attended today for lunch and nice choice. Gorgeous coffee and pleasant service. Reasonably priced and nice decor. I was very impressed and already to return.

1  Thank PAUL123412
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Chunky toasted sandwich with ham and cheese and a bowl of delicious sweet potato soup, just ideal for a rainy afternoon. Busy little spot and very reasonably priced. My only complaint would be that no one cleared our plates and they remained on our table until we paid and left. Will go back to try their breakfast menu sometime which I've heard good reports about.

1  Thank Justmyopinion51