“Perfect stay”

Autumn Winds B&B
Autumn Winds B&B
Ranked #11 of 18 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I visit Bangor quite often and gave stayed in quite a few B and B's there. I've never really found one that ticks all the boxes that I would return to everytime I visit, but I have now. Autumn winds is that place; very modern, very clean, very very quiet and incredibly good value. It's location suited me perfectly, close to family, the beach and the town centre. The bedroom was modern and had everything you'd need, with a beautiful bathroom right across the hall. Breakfast was very tasty indeed. Pam was kind enough to let me check in early too which was great.
I can't recommend Autumn Winds highly enough- fab place.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 nights stay here for our family. 2 adults 1 child and 1 baby. Booked online. There was no option for adding infant on the booking site so I emailed Pam (owner). She responded immediately to say thank you for booking and that it wouldn't be a problem and a cot would be provided at no extra cost.
The day before we arrived Pam emailed to ask what time we would arrive and kindly let us know that our room was ready and can arrive early. We checked it at 11am. We were greeted by Pam who showed us the breakfast area which was spotless, very modern and beautifully presented. She then showed us the bathroom, again immaculate. The bedroom was the bamboo room no1. A nice big double bed, a single bed and a brand new baby cot was provided. All the finishing and decor were faultless and brand new. Plenty of space for us 4 with loads of storage for our clothes.
Pam took our breakfast order for the following morning. A full Ulster breakfast is definitely recommended. :) delicious and set you up for the day.
The B&B is a nice, peaceful retreat for families, couples or anyone wanting to be close to the beach (5mins walk) with just 2 miles walk or drive to Bangor Town Centre. We were made to feel really welcome, a home from home. She went above and beyond what we had experienced by providing the cot, a high chair and even baby bowls for our little ones breakfast. Thank you for a lovely couple of days. Highly recommended and certainly would book again if we visit the area in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Matt E
Reviewed 22 July 2013

we stayed here while going to a local wedding. I emailed Pam that morning to let her know what time we would be arriving but unfortunately technology didnt work and she never got the email therefore when we turned up she wasnt in. I give her a call and she said that she was only 15mins away and came straight back to us, which was very nice.

There was no space to park the car at the property and we had to park on the road side, we booked hte family room (the Bamboo room) which was one double bed and a single bed and my mum had the Zebra room which was a double room, which I thought was a nice touch instead of numbers.

There is a shared bathroom between the 2 rooms was a bit of a bind lucky we where family as this could be awkward trying to arrange bathroom use with a stranger. But the bathroom is immaculate and I agree with other peoples comments you wouldn't know she had a dog, though there are wonderful photos in the hall.

Breakfast she was very accommodating to our needs our 3 year old after the wedding wasn't getting up too early and she made sure he had enough to eat.

Pam is a quiet lady but friendly I wish her all the best in her little venture into the B&B world.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Pam was a wonderful host. Very sweet. Home was immaculate. Room was spacious for my husband and I...bathroom was a big size too. She has the sweetest dog, first of all, you would never know she had a dog...the house was so clean! And I also never heard the dog bark once. I asked to meet the puppy and I received an awesome farewell. Later after arriving home, I missed Pams scone/bread and emailed her for the recipe...got a reply later that day! OH THANK YOU THANK YOU! Walked to the beach, short walk. Very nice views. Also, eat the beans with breakfast! She makes them! YUM!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Best b and b on our trip to Ireland. Spotless home
Excellent breakfast, Pamela was a perfect host very helpful
Very comfortable beds in large room upstairs, with nice park view.
Enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Belfast was a beautiful city thoroughly enjoyed our time at autumn winds Room was large with all th...