“Outstanding stay in Bangor”
Review of Astala Guest House

and 1 more site!
Astala Guest House
Ranked #7 of 18 Bangor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We arrived and were greeted by Rochelle, who was very friendly and welcoming. We had a beautiful room on the fourth floor reached by the lift (so no stairs to climb) and the view was amazing over the marina (room 10). The room was very clean and well presented, we had a lovely en-suite bathroom with clean linen and plenty of hot water. The beds were comfortable and the rooms snuggly and warm.
Breakfast was 1st class with a full cook up, cereal, toast and fruit with endless juice, tea and coffee. The service from the staff was prompt and friendly. I have never been to Ireland before and would love to return, if I do Astala Lodge will be top of my list.
I have travelled all over the world and I can definitely say this is up there with some of the best hotels we have stayed in for cleanliness, food and friendly service. Thanks you to Rochelle in particular who made our stay a great one!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms a must here if you can get one we had room 10 the view was amazing but also very tran...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karrie R

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner had the pleasure to stay here for 5 nights dec 28 until jan2 and had a fab time the guest house was lovley modern and very clean staff were wonderful helpful and chatty and the views we had fantastic didnt wont to go home x we liked it that much were coming back x

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed in this guest house at the weekend - There were 6 of us in 3 rooms and all were spotless. Well decorated and clean, with lots of heat. Bathrooms were spacious, with fantastic showers. Staff were extremely friendly, breakfast was great and the added bonus of a bar is an additional bonus point for this fabulous property. Will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gribben27
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights. First impressions were good with a friendly welcome and clean room on the top floor overlooking the harbour. Bedroom was furnished with a tiny double bed which was comfortable enough as long as you slept in each others arms or risked falling out the side. First morning we were welcomed to a flood in the dining room at breakfast and a variety of buckets to catch the water from a leaking shower in a room above. Breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about and included stale cornflakes, any flavour you wanted for yogurt as long as you liked strawberry and a fried egg that was so over cooked the yoke was as hard as a golf ball. Second morning the lift broke down on the way to breakfast. Not good. Phoned the owner who said she had phoned the lift guys. Only problem was one of the party is claustrophobic. We couldnt wait indefinatly so I forced the door and we got out. Well you would have thought I had committed a crime greater than murder. I am sure the owner thought we were going to sue and gave each one of a lecture about ourfoolhardy actions, including the claustrophobe who was obviously distressed. I cant say we will be back. Watch out for the drips and the dragon owner.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MrFFF
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we got a nice welcome and were introduced to Darcy the dog (Yorkshire terrier) We were brought to our rooms and shown around. Decor is modern and the whole place was spotless. The breakfast was first class cearel,toast tea&coffee orange juice - prunes - grapefruit - and a fry up!! I had the lot! We just stayed the 1 night but got a great deal from bookings.com and felt that we had robbed them.Would recommend and will b back asap! Thank you Astala.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnny w
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed here twice as I was working in the area. I was given a warm and friendly greeting and met the adorable Darcy (Yorkshire terrier). I stayed in room 4 and room 5, both are large, spacious and very clean. The view s are beautiful looking over the marina. This is excellent value and for such quality rooms and fantastic service they could charge a lot more! I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had a 4 night stay here. It is on a quieter bit of Bangor and overlooks the marina. There is off road parking and we never had a problem finding a space. The rooms are well decorated and clean. Towels changed every day all thought we found the beverage tray to be replenished a bit hit and miss. Having said that there we very more than enough tea and coffee to last. Breakfast was well cooked and a good helping but no choice. Not a problem for us as I had variations on the full Irish during our stay. There is a lift for those who can not manage stairs and a bar/lounge room that looks over the marina. Really great value and we will use them again, Great place to stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Spendee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Marine Court Hotel
#4 of 18 in Bangor
Ennislare Guest House
Ennislare Guest House
#6 of 18 in Bangor

Been to Astala Guest House? Share your experiences!