“A Unique Dining Experience”
Review of Corin on Mainstreet - CLOSED

Corin on Mainstreet
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A Unique Dining Experience”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

How wonderful to enter a restaurant and be warmly greeted by pleasant and knowledgeable staff. This was my first impression of Corin. The restaurant is beautifully presented; it is possible to have a conversation without hearing what is going on at the next table. A further plus point was, when someone at a neighbouring table took a call on his mobile phone, he took his phone outside. These are introductory comments, serving to illustrate that the atmosphere in Corin is relaxed and totally customer-focussed. Staff were happy to discuss the menu. We opted for the two-course option at £26-50 each, thinking, correctly, that we could not manage three courses [£32-50]. We were greeted with a selection of breads followed by an amuse bouche. A cranberry sorbet followed the first course. The food was excellent. My partner enjoyed his langoustine starter and sea bream main course; I chose seared scallops to start and followed - unimaginatively, you might think - with steak. However, I seldom eat steak away from home as I have been invariably disappointed. On this occasion, the steak, a good-sized sirloin, was cooked to perfection. The wine was keenly priced. I chose an excellent Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. If you want mediocre food served by indifferent staff in an atmosphere where people sit cheek-by-jowl gossiping on mobile phones, don't go to Corin. If you want a thoroughly enjoyable and unique dining experience, then Corin is the place for you.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pat569

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Can't be faulted”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

A gem of a restaurant, just what Bangor has needed. The quality of the food is superb and the menu is refreshed often enough to keep you wanting to go back. We have been virtually every month since it opened and are looking forward to our next visit! Cheers Nic and the team for the excellent service and relaxed atmosphere, we had a table of six last time and everyone loved it. Hope your feeling better soon Philip and back at the helm shortly.

• Visited January 2014
North Down, Northern Ireland
“First Class... just what Bangor needs”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

It was only a couple of years ago that Bangor was awash with quality eating establishments, but sadly most of these have disappeared, leaving a gap in the local market which has more than been filled by Corin.

We visited for the first time last Friday night, but as a Trip Advisor regular I have to say ive been logging onto this page weekly with interest, so we were really looking forward to our meal.

We were greeted on arrival by the (rapidly becoming legendary) owner Philip, who introduced us to our waitress Caitlin, and we found the service to be of a high quality from both throughout the night.

The menu offered several choices that excited us, so it was difficult to choose. In the end I opted for the languistine starter, while my wife went for the scallops.... both were flavoured and cooked perfectly, and the presentation was impressive.

For the main I had the roast venison, which i thoroughly enjoyed. As mentioned in previous reviews, this restaurant prides itself on quality over quantity, and the quality of the ingredients was evident. My wife had the Sirloin steak, which was as impressive a piece of meat as ive seen in some time... and again perfectly cooked. It was accompanied with a peppercorn sauce, which was a little light and thin for her taste, but for me it allowed the flavours of the meat to shine through.

Pudding was a hard choice!! So many gorgeous sounding plates, but I was duty bound to have the white chocolate fondue, as i'm a bit of a white chocolate addict... it was devine, although i'd have lived it cooked for just a few seconds less... not a criticism, just a personal taste. The better half had the toffee pudding which was an absolute winner.

My only regret on the night was not having room left to try the cheeseboard... that will definitely be on the cards next visit. The wines were also very nice (im no expert) , and surprisingly well priced. All in all a fantastic night out... one of the best in a long time

Im actually a little gutted... i was almost hoping that it would be no more than a 3/5 experience so that i could tell you all accordingly, and at the same time become the proud owner of one of Phillips infamous multi paragraph deconstructions :) ... I'm actually a little sad to admit that it was everything its cracked up to be!

Cant wait to go back.... keep up the great work folks!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank SubCultureUK
belfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Passion Shines Through”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Corin and certainly won't be the last. The food, service, atmosphere and passion in this restaurant makes for a fantastic dinning experience.

Well done Philip to you and all your staff!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Top service, quality food; what more do you need? The pork belly was delicious, and the little touches (amuse bouche etc) added to the evening. We were very impressed and will be back for sure.

• Visited December 2013