“EXCELLENT”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant quite a few times and it has always been excellent. We were here for my birthday with a group of friends. All had a great night. The food was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2014

“Simply the best”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We dined here for the first time on Wednesday 16th April, we both agreed it was the best meal we have had, the food was exceptional and service from Caitlin to match, this easily surpassed any Michelin star experience we have had, the quality and presentation was straight out of a Masterchef final. Really can't wait to go back again and again

Visited April 2014
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Superb Meal”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I went last night for the first time. I can't remember the last time I had such a wonderful meal. Each plate was a delight both on the eye and the palate . Staff and service were excellent.
We will be back soon

• Visited April 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Faultless Evening!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had a superb evening at Corin on the 8th April. As this was their first birthday event a special 7 course tasting menu with wine pairing was on offer! The food was stunning, each course was a joy to eat. The presentation was modern and clean but not over complicated and pretentious. As part of the meal we had 5 different wines, each came with a friendly introduction from the distributor who was acting sommelier for the evening. The wines themselves complimented the food perfectly and were generously topped up by the waiting staff on number occasions. So your probably thinking great food and plenty of wine equals extortionate price.. Wrong! £55 for the entire experience was in my opinion exceptional value for money! Phillip the owner was a warm host who couldn't have done enough for us. He ensured service ran smoothly and when you have a full restaurant all being served at once this is no mean feat! Plaudits must be given to the waitresses who were diligent and friendly even while running a busy service. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and I hope last night was the first of many visits to Corin.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SDL6991
Belfast
“The best vegetarian’s restaurant in Bangor?”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Well not quite as the menu certainly will appeal to the more carnivorous, but after the disappointment of nearby Gringos closing, we decided to venture forth and try out the much talked about Corin restaurant for a special night out for two. The now part time Big Doctor greeted us and led us to the table in the middle of his busy and attractive restaurant. Later he was to reveal why he was so delighted to know we are both vegetarian. Our host offered us the great menu and it did not take long to entertain my taste buds both through the lovely spicy soup offered as an amuse bouche, and the prospect of my favourite dinner- pie and chips! But, before that, the first course. For me the wonderfully crisped (Jerusalem?) artichoke fritters and for she, a fresh pea risotto. Both smashing! A dainty sorbet next and then onto the Moroccan spiced pie. Now I do love pie and I do love spice and this worked just brilliantly, and in no way could it be described as a small plate of food especially with a bowl of healthy sized chips and crisp greens alongside. From the other side of the table there were happy sounds of a lovely woman eating up her great big plate of parmesan risotto. Onto dessert, and as much as I wished for the cheese, the straining belly only had enough room for the Assiette D’ananas (pineapple to plebs like me) and for her, the Tarte Tatin. Very satisfied, especially after trying the Fermanagh beer (yes Fermanagh) and a lovely Rioja we were pleased to learn that the owner’s wife is also vegetarian. So an ‘excuse me’ menu add on of a pasta bake was never going to meet the high domestic standards. An evening finished off by a glass of the lovely Sweet Agnes desert wine; off we rolled happily to the taxi so pleased to have found a special local restaurant to which we will return soon.

• Visited March 2014