“Amazing! There's a reason it's #1...within a year of opening.”
Review of Corin on Mainstreet - CLOSED

Corin on Mainstreet
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Amazing! There's a reason it's #1...within a year of opening.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Firstly, I must comment on the staff, who right from the start when making a reservation, were extremely friendly and helpful and this continued throughout the night. We were greeted by the owner who took a genuine interest in each and every guest remembering names etc, even though he was clearly extremely busy with a packed restaurant. I was more than happy with my starter but after tasting my wife's quail, was rather disappointed I didn't go with that, as it was amazing. Then there was the complimentary appetiser soup which was also very tasty and a nice touch. We both went for "The Lady in Red" for our main which along with a side of vegetables was also very tasty and a credit to the chef. Then to my favourite course of any meal...the dessert where my wife had the panna cotta and I opted for the valrhona chocolate soufflé, where I was more than happy to wait the 30 minute bake time as we were being well looked after with drinks and in a pleasant environment with a good atmosphere. It was well worth the wait and they even accommodated my fussy tastebuds with changing what it came with on the menu. It was an amazing meal and evening to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. My wife and I both agreed this was on par, if not better than The Merchant in Belfast and is now our new favourite restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Mark N

donaghadee
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Eight of us ate here at the end of March. We had to wait 6 weeks to get a Saturday night table so it's fair to say expectations were high!! When we arrived the staff were very welcoming. The restaurant was very busy and I did think our table was cramped, also my husband was sitting at the end of the table and people pushed past him all evening. The menu was very interesting and most of us went for the two course option. I had asparagus and broad bean starter and blackened lamb for main. The starter was beautifully presented but not that particularly exciting tasting. However the blackened lamb was totally to die for. Everyone else enjoyed their meal. No-one fancied a dessert but 2 of the ladies decided to share the cheese board. Well...I have never seen a cheese board like it!! It was out of this world with amazing cheeses, lovely chutneys and beautiful crackers. The 4 ladies ended up tucking in and enjoying it immensely. The bill wasn't cheap but then we did have a great old time with coffees and brandies etc! I did think it was bad though that we had paid an £80 deposit and that hadn't been taken from the bill.
All-in-all we had a great night - food and service were excellent but I do think we were squeezed in which was disappointing when we had waited so long for a table.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank kenavo_dee
Scotland
“Once is not enough”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Interesting, beautiful, delicious, well-sourced food. A very refreshing addition to Bangor's selection of eateries. Our host, Phillip, was a warm and charismatic individual with a clear passion for his customers as well as for his restaurant. The trio of crab and cucumber was so delicate but with flavours so distinct and textures so varied. The blackened lamb for main course was some of the most tender meat I have had in a long time. The chocolate dessert is definitely worth the wait too, cooked to order. The attention to detail is excellent yet this remains a relaxing and informal environment, and very reasonably priced too. We'll be back as soon as we've thought of an excuse to treat ourselves again.

1 Thank soulonthebeach
“1st visit to Corin.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Corin last night ( a Saturday).Upon arrival we were pleasantly greeted and shown to our table.The restaurant is is decorated in a fashionable,minimalist style with grey being the predominant colour.The light level in the area where we where seated was quite low and could have been a little brighter to show off the colours and presentation of the food.The serving staff were attentive,informative and pleasant.This is a type of restaurant that has been long needed in the Bangor area.The food was innovative,flavoursome and well presented.
Top marks to Corin.

2 Thank skyranger912
Heywood, United Kingdom
“Early Bird Value”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very attentive service and excellent value two course early bird menu. Presentation and taste were very good; table layout could be a little cramped when full but it was fine on a quiet Thursday evening.