“fine dining at reasonable price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corin on Mainstreet - CLOSED

Corin on Mainstreet
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Belfast
“fine dining at reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Wife and I Had early bird menu, great value at just over £20 for three courses and glass of wine - all courses excellent particularly liked duck confit, hake with chorizo risotto and tart tatin

Visited August 2014
1 Thank PhilBr

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Never mind Bangor this is the best in NI!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife recently took me there to celebrate my 40th birthdays and what a celebration it was! From the amuse bouche and homemade breads, while waiting for our starter, to the superb cheese board it was a winner all the way! Both starters of Crispy duck confit & Lobster with wild mushroom & tarragon gnocchi were incredibly moreish followed by the palate cleansing sorbet. I had melt in the mouth daube of beef and my wife juicey rack of pork. The wine selection is extensive and reasonably priced and the staff are knowledge and attentive without being intrusive!
For cheese lovers I can't recommend the cheese board enough. Philip is passionate about the specially selected range he brings in and there's a story to go with them all. The warm homemade crackers, relishes and chutneys highlight the attention to detail that Corin exlemplfies!
We will make make a point to return sooner rather than later! Niall & Claire

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank njmphysio
Dublin, Ireland
“Never mind the best in Bangor it's close to becoming my favourite N.Ireland restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited Corin for the first time end of June for a group birthday celebration and from start to finish could not find fault with the place. From their warm welcome, fabulous choice of menu (at very reasonable prices may I add) to the food itself....very fresh, well seasoned and presented beautifully. The lobster starter was truly delicious and most of our party are still raving about the beef cheek...cooked to perfection. As for dessert....had never tried pineapple Tarte Tatin but what a winning combination.

What's stood out most of all was the lengths Phil and his team went to, to ensure one of our party who is vegetarian and also lactose intolerant was catered for. We left a happy bunch and already planning our return visit. Well done to all at team Corin!

• Visited June 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this restaurant online well in advance if us going as it seems to the new place to dine in Bangor. When my partner and I arrived we were greeted warmly by the owner who has great enthusiasm for what he dose, we had some complimentary bread to start and then sampled the flavoursome amuse bouche what was very tasty. The soufflé was fantastic as were the different components to the dish, the main was cooked perfectly.

The cocktails were also great and I can highly recommend the peach Bellini . Thank you for a brilliant night and I'll be back for sure.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lovetotravel8910
Oakland, California
“Best in Bangor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

There's no question this is the best place in Bangor! The restaurant is charming, service outstanding, and the food delicious. We had beef cheek (brisket to Americans), a roasted chicken, and lovely fish courses. The crab lemongrass soup was excellent, as was the lobster starter.

Wine list was short but had good choices.

I would recommend Corin to anyone visiting Bangor.

Visited August 2014