“a surprise find”

Cuisines: British
donaghadee
“a surprise find”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lovely wee cafe in Bangor - hidden up a wee stairway off the main street. Very friendly staff - moved us to the window seat and offered coffee refills. I havent had lunch but the scones and traybakes were great and delicious coffee.

• Visited May 2014

“This is a place that does not serve hot food when the Chef has a day's leave.”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

This place has potential, but will it last in this town with lots of competition when there is no Assistant Chef to stand in when the Chef is on leave.

They 'seem to have taken over' the old phone shop next door to expand their business, but refurbishment seems to be at a standstill.

They could do with some advice in the hospitality industry if they wish their business to succeed.

I would not recommend this cafe until they learn to cater for their customers - if they continue to have any.

As I say the potential is there, but you MUST look after your customers.

3 Thank sugared
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

First visit today for a quick bite. Only eight tables but one was free when I arrived at 1.45pm. Ordered french toast with bacon which was delicious. I was brought cutlery in a napkin and asked if I would like tea or coffee while I was waiting as there were quite a few orders in front of mine. I declined but after 30mins. I ordered coffee. I enquired if it was normal to have to wait this length of time for food and was told that one of the chefs had gone off early....this is Saturday, the place was very busy and turning people away.

What a surprise when I paid my bill - was charged for the coffee. Lots of other coffee shops to visit next time I'm in the area.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank OAP20
“This place serves the best coffee in Bangor.”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

If you would like a really nice cup of coffee, this is the place to go.

They even play Mozart's music (piano concerto No 21), The Elvira Madigan theme.

Although the café is situated up a steep flight of stairs, I note they are renovating the old phone shop next door as an addition to the cafe. This will be suitable for people with mobility problems.

I would recommend the Courtyard as a nice relaxing place for a coffee.

• Visited October 2013
Scotland
“Lovely Cafe”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very nice service with coffee refills. I had a lovely eggs benedict. It was fabulous. My wife had french toast with maple syrup and she was very pleased. Gallery surroundings. Nice decor. Recommended for a light lunch.