“Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Courtyard
Ranked #83 of 163 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend took me out for a birthday lunch today! I was completely disgusted we had to wait 40 minutes for a toastie, outrageous! I first ordered a bacon and brie toastie to be told 5 minutes later that there was no bacon, that was fine until the couple next to us ordered bacon in their bagel which they recieved no problem. I was soo annoyed, why did they get bacon but I got told there was none a few moments before. I have a gift voucher for here which I WILL NOT BE USING, and I am to embarrassed to give to anyone else because truthfully I would not put them through the horrible service that we received. Staff do not have a clue. Still very annoyed about it. My birthday lunch was ruined. Thanks.

3  Thank Katie H

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I pop into this "wee " being the word that decribes this coffee shop quite regularly, i dont mind that from time to time i'm turned away because there are no tables it just shows how popular it is, and makes me want to try again, most days i get a seat or have a short wait, after all its worth it,the coffee they use i have been using at home for years so thats a big plus, the fact that when i ask for cream for my coffee isnt an issue is another big tick their scones are fresh baked and delish, and today i had their portobello mushroom and goats cheese salad was delishous, defs will have that again, the staff are all very pleasant and nothing too much for them, and very attentative with coffee refills , i just love it there , love thait it isnt one of these mass produced coffee shops its individual, i wish them every success.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lovely wee cafe in Bangor - hidden up a wee stairway off the main street. Very friendly staff - moved us to the window seat and offered coffee refills. I havent had lunch but the scones and traybakes were great and delicious coffee.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

This place has potential, but will it last in this town with lots of competition when there is no Assistant Chef to stand in when the Chef is on leave.

They 'seem to have taken over' the old phone shop next door to expand their business, but refurbishment seems to be at a standstill.

They could do with some advice in the hospitality industry if they wish their business to succeed.

I would not recommend this cafe until they learn to cater for their customers - if they continue to have any.

As I say the potential is there, but you MUST look after your customers.

3  Thank sugared
Reviewed 11 January 2014

First visit today for a quick bite. Only eight tables but one was free when I arrived at 1.45pm. Ordered french toast with bacon which was delicious. I was brought cutlery in a napkin and asked if I would like tea or coffee while I was waiting as there were quite a few orders in front of mine. I declined but after 30mins. I ordered coffee. I enquired if it was normal to have to wait this length of time for food and was told that one of the chefs had gone off early....this is Saturday, the place was very busy and turning people away.

What a surprise when I paid my bill - was charged for the coffee. Lots of other coffee shops to visit next time I'm in the area.

3  Thank OAP20