“Good food great view”

Ranked #20 of 175 Restaurants in Bangor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had the midweek 2 course for. £10. Good value plenty size portion and decent service.
Great spot if the sun is shining.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had won a voucher in a Scouts Quiz Night so all the more incentive to visit .
Our eldest Son & his partner joined us(6th June 2014) Staff were very attentive especially as the waitress knew the younger pair it certainly got us off to a great start.
Starters we took the shared platter , Brie in Breadcrumbs, Chicken Goujons, Breaded Mushrooms with selection of dips.Full already and still to face the main Course.
The young ones took the steak sandwich , Wife plunked for a Main Course of Pate , I went for Breast of chicken with Bacon & Cheese topping , excellent.
The Girls had Wine , guys were driving so we just had Lemonade.
We had a £25 voucher so the net Bill was only £57 incl drinks so good value , great company with good service and views over Belfast Lough on a pleasant night. Good Stuff.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I decided to eat out on the spur of the moment and quite late - 7.45pm. We were greeted warmly and assured that food was still available. I opted for a main course from the 2 course special menu which presented no problem. I chose oven baked smoked haddock with champ and could not believe the quality of the dish I got. Generous portion of fish that was incredible - it just melted in my mouth and the flavour was great. I finished every bit and hope that my praise was conveyed to the chef. This is a friendly local pub with a warm welcome and great food at a great price.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Called in with wife and 3 yr old in tow for Sunday lunch. Great choice from main menu and kids menu as well as a number of specials and a sunday dinner menu. 2 course dinner for £12.95. I went for roast beef and a huge portion came with 3 big thick slices of beef covered in gravy with a huge Yorkshire pudding and 2 big roast potatoes. Then came mash potatoes on the side and mixed veg. It was delicious and the Turkish delight cheesecake to finish was also good. Bargain at that price. The wife had enchiladas and it was big portion and 3 yo had lovel chicken nuggets and chips followed by ice cream. Definitely worth a visit but make sure you are hungry!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Just attended the Esplanade on Friday night with a group of friends being 30 in total. Cant praise the place highly enough. The food was excellent and the service and courtesy of the staff was second to none. A great place in a great location too. Make a point of checking it out for yourselves!