“Unbelievable!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went to sapore tonight for dinner with my family, I'm not usually one to try different foods but we went anyway! The staff were very welcoming and friendly, there was a lovely family atmosphere about the place which was lovely. We ordered every course and it was amazing, the food was very fresh and appetizing! I really enjoyed the entire experience and would definitely go back!

5  Thank Rachel Q

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had read mixed reviews so was little unsure but was there on Saturday night, and everything was fantastic! Beautiful restaurant, lovely staff and fantastic food! I had bruscetta with goats cheese and red onion to start, which was amazing, and lasagne which came with side salad, delicious!

5  Thank milly01CoDown
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Went to last night to Sapore for the first time. Excellent in all ways. the meal, the friendly warm service, décor etc etc. Will definitely be back again.

4  Thank donaghadee
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and myself have dined in Sapore twice - both times have been fantastic - great service, very friendly (without being intrusive) fantastic food - fantastic chef - well done guys - just what Bangor has needed, good food at a good price. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Mags M
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I dined in the restaurant last night in the recommendation of a friend. My friend ordered tiger prawns in angel hair but when they arrived there was no angel the waitress came out to tell us that the chef said it 'blew off in the fryer' - I've heard some excuses but this one was an epic. Strangely then the prawns were no longer available. Main courses were ok but the entertainment was hilarious when the chef came stomping out of the kitchen to challenge the table behind us! I couldn't hear the conversation but in 15 years working in catering I don't think I've ever seen a chef do this. Finally the best comment of the night was when we asked for 2 liqueur coffees only to be told 'sorry we can't do that as we didn't get a cream delivery today'
Left feeling I'd been to a Mickey Mouse establishment and other than BYO not much else good about this place. Disappointing as neither our meal or service matched the comments preciously left on trip adviser.

3  Thank Jacko5_13
Saporebangor, Owner at Sapore Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

We made a decision after the first few weeks of being open that we were not going to respond to these, but this one is as you say "epic"

1. I fail to understand how you have worked in the catering industry for 15 years and have A, never seen a chef go to a table to speak to a customer, B, Have items missed off a delivery and C, Have an issue with battered or pastry products.

2.The angle hair used for the prawns (as anyone who has worked with it should know) is extremely fine and very difficult to work with, when cooked if it gets slightly hotter than it should it just blows off and disappears which is what happened in your case. It was explained to you that this was the last portion so another one could not be cooked but to choose anything else in its place, free of charge I may add, which your friend did, although you seem to have strangely forgotten this part.

3. I find it peculiar that you have admitted going for a meal in a restaurant with a friend and spent part of your evening trying to hear what was being said at the table behind you, I fail to see how this was of your concern and to add that to your complaint I find ridiculous.

4. There was one thing wrong with your friends meal which as I have mentioned was resolved free of charge and the fact that you didn't have anything specific to say about the rest of the food or service speaks volumes.

As you found our restaurant "embarrassing" I am assuming that you wont be returning which is something we can both agree on.