“Nice apartment but no wi fi”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice apartment but no wi fi”
Reviewed 29 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This apartment has everything you need for a comfortable stay. All you need is close by - shop,garage,train station and buses.. Doreen was there to greet us who was a very nice lady. There was an issue with the shower- it went cold after a couple of minutes. The lack of wi fi was a problem but we coped. We come to Bangor every year to visit family and will definitely come back here. One of the nicest places we have stayed in and reasonable rates.

16 Oct 2017
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again. Sorry about the wi fi. The pub/restaurant just up the road has wi fi and serves beautiful food and a good pint of the black stuff.
Best regards
Ken
Joseph C
“10 Anne's Court”
Reviewed 20 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We stayed in this apartment from 15/09/17 to18/09/17 The apartment is very clean comfortable and spacious ,It is 2mins walk from the train station and 10 mins walk from Bangor marina ,I would recommend this apartment to all my family and friends.It would certainly be my first choice if I ever go back to Bangor,we had excellent communication with Ken the owner prior to our arrival and we were met by a lovely lady called Doreen who gave us plenty of information on where to go and what to do whilst there, we had an excellent time thank you

3 Oct 2017
Thank you for the feedback. Getting a response like this makes the effort worthwhile, and helps one strive to continue to improve the experience for our guests.
aftatum
Memphis, Tennessee
“Quiet and enjoyable.”
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Bangor and particularly the Annes Court location is perfect for anyone wanting quiet rest but able to jump into the action quickly. The train station is less than 500 yards away and it zips you into Belfast in about a half hour. The apartments are well furnished and the bedrooms are in the back away from traffic and any noise. There is no wifi but his is stated on the front end so it's a given. Ian Carmichael's excellent restaurant has wifi and it usually is open by noon. I will highly recommend that restaurant in a near future review. The neighbors were very nice, particularly Frances next door. One minor complaint but it's common in Europe, the bed was a bit small and it's probably not fair since I use king size beds. The showers here can be confusing but it does take some patience even though I've been coming to Europe for years. More my lack of knowledge retention since I fifo it every time as I do in so many logistical things. Instructions for non-Europeans on water heaters, showers, etc would be helpful if possible. Very good with local info and tourist spots, maps in the unit. Free book is you start reading and haven't finished by leaving. Great policy. Nice things in fridge to start the stay--unit is comfy and quiet.

27 Jul 2017
Many thanks Aaron for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I have taken on board your comments regarding the bed and the shower operation. Thanks again Ken.
Daryn M
“Wonderful escape”
Reviewed 16 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The apartment was beautiful and well equipped with everything needed to enjoy a stay. Staff were friendly and very helpful and supportive throughout. Would definitely recommend this lovely apartment for anyone looking for a quiet escape to Bangor.

17 Jul 2017
Thank you Daryn I really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. Many thanks Ken
jameslill...
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Wish we had booked a longer stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Very comfortable, spacious apartment. By far the best place we stayed during our tour of Ireland.
When we arrived, Doreen, the property manager, was there to greet us and show us around etc. Very friendly and helpful as was Ken the owner.
Really relaxing place and good facilities. Easy access to Belfast, Titanic quarter, Giants Causeway etc.
When we return to NI we will definitely book again. Only wish we had booked to stay longer as Bangor seems a really nice place and we would love to explore the area more.
Thanks

27 Jun 2017
Hi James, to receive a review like this makes the substantial investment earlier this year on refurbishment seem really worthwhile, and also my decision to appoint Doreen as manager. Thank you very much and come back soon. Best regards Ken
Christina...
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Old fashioned but very comfortable,with in walking distance to a bar and restaurant where the food is fabulous , would stay here again

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
24 Jul 2016
Many thanks Christina. I look forward to you visiting again.
Regards
Ken
Prairiegi...
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Location, lacking in other areas”
Reviewed 29 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I will start with some positives: It's next door to a Maxxol/Spar and just around the corner of beautiful Stricklands Glen and coastal path. Awesome location! Also close to main roads, so driving around doesn't take long. It's on the main level, so those with young children or those who can't do stairs, you are in luck - we appreciated being right next to the parking lot. The other tenants in the building are friendly. TV has cable.
My husband would say this apartment "oozed Ireland". It certainly has the old charm of Northern Ireland.
Although this apartment met our needs for giving us a place to stay, there were numerous things we had issues with. A "welcome manual" would have been nice (there was none), with an explanation of how the heating and water heater worked (what to do or not to do, if they were on a timer, just some basics for us Canadians who aren't used to the N. Irish heating systems) , what we were expected to have clean by the end of the trip, where the garbage bin for the apt was, explanation about wifi (there is NONE. NO free wifi!!! Only if you are a BT member, which we are not because we are from Canada. BIG problem), and how/when I could get a hold of the caretaker I went to her house to ask some questions and she was never home. I couldn't call because I didn't have a phone (from Canada) and couldn't email because I had no wifi. Prior to arrival, I had excellent communication with the rental owner. But once I arrived, like I said, I had no wifi therefore couldn't contact anyone. We eventually just figured things out. It seemed like the heat and water heater was on a timer (instead of us being able to control it ourselves, which we could do at our previous house in Bangor that we rented), but we couldn't figure out what the schedule was. This would have been lovely to know in a "welcome manual". We turned on the water heater each morning, but didn't have enough hot water for a shower till over an hour of waiting, and then it went cold within a couple of minutes after jumping into the shower. Thankfully the apartment had a couple of space heaters, which I could place in my 1 year old's bedroom to keep her warm, and one in the living room to heat it up. Without them, we would have been freezing. As well, the floors were not very clean when we arrived and we could see cobwebs in the corners of the rooms. With my young children crawling around, I had to do a quick cleaning.
I would hesitantly recommend this vacation rental to friends...after I tell them our experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cold water
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
2 Jun 2016
Thank you very much for your comments, the critical as well as t
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing