“Inhouse politics lead to bad service in takeaway. New pirtion sizes in sit in are a big change”
Review of The Pit Stop Cafe

The Pit Stop Cafe
Ranked #32 of 172 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We are sat/sun regulars to take away. Recently staff are alwsys fighting. & orders are wrong. In the sit in, staff are dour & extra portions of beans or mushrooms as extras with frys have reduced by 2/3 since the restaurant makeover. Progress has spoiled the once friendly vfm eatery. We dont go anymore.

4  Thank jennie a

Reviewed 3 March 2014

reading some reviews I think some people expect cordon bleu on the cheap.This is a diner and not a restaurant.I frequent it often mainly for breakfast which is served all day and find it good value and tasty.I have tried the dinner meals occasionally but although they are good value also I am not keen on the fact that everything is taken from the hot plates and put in the microwave.This establishment must be popular with many judging by the number of cars always parked there and also the fact that the owners extended over the years and recently renovated the kitchen area.As stated in the heading it is what it is and does what it does well

2  Thank oldboyo
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Food was ok. We asked to sit in and still received the food in take away boxes. The "polite" older women from behind the counter just left the food for us to collect at the counter. No cutlery offered, we were made to feel as if it was an inconvenience to sit in, the place wasnt even busy. Also as I mentioned in my previous review it seemd the staff still do not know basic hygiene laws. No hats so expect the odd hair and also handling money from the till and then handling uncooked food withoit washing hands, disgusting.

won't be back

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just been to this place again and after previous visits warranted quite good reviews.......this time totally different. Food was good enough but the problem was finding clean cutlery at the station. All the cutlery felt sticky and we had to ask for clean. Some of the forks had dried in food on them. The girl who brought the order to the table actually may as well thrown the plates at us. Two of 5 of the plates felt gritty underneath. A man before us in the queue asked for water and it was clear as day that the glass wasn't clean. Don't think we'll be going back unfortunately.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Are these reviews for real or is it some one associated with the 'Dirt Stop' writing them? I world never go here only My mum in law wanted to go so my wife and I went with her at this time.. wished I had stayed at home and made a cuppa soup or something, it would have been nicer and safer. Anyway I had a fry In the dirt stop and a bottle of coke, the waitress slammed the plate on the table with a glass For my Coke the glass was so filthy you could not see through it and I'm not joking how could anyone give you a glass like that and expect you to drink from it? Disgusting. And the plate was the same underneath you could feel it with you fingers ewww just thinking about it makes me want to puke.. On to the food.. greasy deep fried sausage undercooked egg extra £1 for beans.. The place is dirty rotten disgusting avoide at all costs.