“Sunday Brunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Had all day breakfast. Good food good price good service. Pleasant staff. Another good experience. It is a pit stop not a 5* hotel

3 Thank emphoto1

Northern Ireland
“Poor sunday dinner...”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Not totally impressed with 2 slices of beef, 3 baby boiled spuds, cabbage and very tough sliced green beans. I had to ask for gravy. I dont mind queueing but the oriental girl at the till needs to learn better customer service!!! She almost snatched my debit card from me!! No thankyou or smile proferred....

7 Thank LindaLou1960
Northern Ireland
“First and last visit to the Pit Stop...”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Today it was a toss-up between eating at Donaghadee Garden Centre or The Pit Shop - decided to try the latter - wish we had gone to the garden centre. :(
If you would like to visit a Greasy Spoon Cafe, then this is the place to go! :(
This was the first time I have ever complained in a restaurant...
I ordered Jumbo Cod with chips. Partner ordered pie and mashed potatoes with gravy......waited.......and waited..........and waited... so after 30minutes, I decided to complain about the service. Finally they brought the meals after 45 minutes. Both orders were wrong - mine was a greasy 'mini cod' (or some other sort of disgusting fish) and certainly not the jumbo cod recommended to me by a dour waitress. (She informed me none left). Partner didn't get the meal he ordered...it was minus the mash potatoes/gravy . Again complained and was brought the meal but without the gravy. A complete and utter cock-up - they couldn't even get one of the meals correct!!
I would never eat at this grubby place again and would certainly NEVER recommend it to anyone unless you like greasy, re-heated food.

***I would highly recommend Donaghadee Garden Centre - it is actually cheaper than what the Pit Stop charges - delicious food, served by pleasant staff***

(I would also add that the Pit Stop staff could do with a course in Customer Service, like a lot of other people on this site, have suggested)

12 Thank fidgetyfingers2
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great fry for money!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We are regulars to the pitstop I can only really speak for there breakfast menu as I am not really a lover off dinners these seem really popular especially there roast beef and turkey on a sun I always go for the all day breakfast and have to say it is always consistently good at £4.95 with free tea I think it good value you get two sausages one slice back bacon two pieces off home baked potato bread and two pieces off homemade soda bread and an egg always cooked fresh when ordered my partner always goes for poached eggs these too are always cooked too perfection nice and yolky my only tiny complaint would be I wish they would put bottles off sauce on the table instead off giving you sachets off cheap sauce obviously the cheapest options also have to say there homemade desserts worth ago overall if you want a nice grease free fry then this diner the place to go if you want a fancy meal then head to a restaurant have tryed the takeaway a fewtimes in my opinion wouldn't compare with the sit in service very slow and quality just not the same

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jeffrey b
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
“Best diner in North Down”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have been here on a few occasions and it never disappoints. When you walk in your greeted by clean spacious diner with the food and kitchen fully visible. On this occasion I ordered a fry with no egg and it was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this place if you want a sit down meal..

2 Thank alan m