“Top place to stay! - Holly Tree Farm B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Holly Tree Farm B and B
Ranked #11 of 17 Macclesfield B&B and Inns
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Top place to stay! - Holly Tree Farm B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This has got to be my favourite place to stay. I have stayed pretty much once or twice a month for a year now so my good experiences are not a one off!! Dawn and David are both very friendly and accomodating. Always perfectly clean rooms and super breakfast. Very conveniently located between Junction 18 on M6 and south Manchester (25 -35 mins away).
A note to travellors with kids is that there is a complete fence around the B&B with a closing 5 bar gate, so I am happy to let my toddler play outside, knowing that she 100% fenced in and safe!
My daughter loves visiting the farm especially the calves, lambs, rabbits and the chickens! Beware it is a proper farmyard though and not a theme park Farmyard, so welly boots is a must and a wary eye for one old cockeral!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Me and my partner were booked into Holly Tree Farm B&B by my parents as we were attending a wedding in nearby Macclesfield. Unfortunatley what they didn't tell us is that instead of being in the town, we were to stay 15 miles away in farm house B&B. As much as our frustration of being plonked in seemingly the middle of know where, I can not knock Holly Tree Farm at all. The rooms were immaculately clean and pristine, and pleasant. The down side was that we ended up having a room with two single beds, but I wasn't responsible for the booking so I wasn't too fussed. The bed was a bit creaky and in the night if I turned it would wake me up. Other than that the place was suitable.

We stayed two nights and had breakfast in the host's house, next door. Cereals, Full English, Tea, Orange juice, toast, coffee etc.whatever you want. It was really nice and the family who own the house seemed very pleasant. The price was £130 for two nights, which I thought at first was a bit steep as If I am honest I would of prefered a cheap room at a Premier Inn or Travelodge in Macclesfield which would of been more convenient for us. However don't let me take anything away from this establishment as it is run in the run in the best possible way.

I would recommend this for elder couples, or families , but please remember it is at least 8 miles from Congleton and 15 to 16 miles from Macclesfield, so there are no shops or public amenities in the area, The Red Lion pub in Lower Withington is about 3 miles down the road and I think is the nearest pub to Holly Tree Farm

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank killersentinel
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I dont usually write reviews but this place was so lovely i had too.

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary as we wanted to visit the nearby Jodrell Bank radio observatory. The accommodation in the B&B is located in a house a short walk from the owners house where breakfast is served and t was simply beautiful. The rooms were large and clean and well stocked with the essentials. Our hosts were friendly and welcoming when we arrived (getting there an hour earlier than their scheduled check in was not a problem).

Breakfast the next morning was served in the owners' house and was lovely and perfectly set us up for the day.

And as an added final touch when we had difficulty getting a taxi the next day our hosts gave us a lift to the train station! It was a lovely touch and very much appreciated.

The only slight negative (and this is in no way their fault) but we tried to get there by public transport rather than driving and it wasn't really suitable for it. You really need access to a car to visit here.

We will be going back as it's perfect for a quiet weekend away. We will also be strongly recommending to friends to visit too.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gordon D
Dunstable, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

My colleague and I stayed for one night as we had a business meeting in Macclesfield. We usually use one of the larger 4* type hotels and chose this at the last minute due to the excellent feedback and ratings by trip advisor. We were not disappointed. We had a warm welcome when we arrived, our rooms were very clean and comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was a true farmhouse freshly cooked fare.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Logie66
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

You won't find a more welcoming or friendlier place than Holly Tree Farm. Rooms are in a beautiful separate house within sight of the owners house. We stayed in the large ensuite double which was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The owners Dawn and David are delightful and make you feel really welcome. Breakfast was served in the owner's gorgeous farmhouse dining room and was fresh and delicious. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tourist186414
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I will not be staying again after being told one of my nights would be spent elsewhere due to the inability of the hostess being able to coordinate the 4 rooms - do the math.

While the rooms etc are adequate the location is miles from any other kind of centre.

Keeping this short as I need to loook for somewhere to stay tomorrow night - ugh.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank AndrewMcKee
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I would agree with the comments previously posted. This B&B is ideally placed for Tatton Park, which we had visited that day. The rooms and bathrooms are modern and spotlessly clean - my only disappointment (which I mentioned to the owner at the time) was that I had booked two en suite rooms, to find that one was en suite but the other had a private bathroom directly across the corridor. This was a minor inconvenience, however. Quiet location at night, although near a busy road with a lot of daytime traffic. Breakfast is taken in the owner's house a few yards away. Excellent value for money all round.

• Stayed June 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Prestbury
Stanley Arms
Stanley Arms
#2 of 17 in Macclesfield

Been to Holly Tree Farm B and B? Share your experiences!