“Countryside Chic”

Ranked #11 of 17 Macclesfield B&B and Inns
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Countryside Chic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here in mid September on two occasions and found the accommodation to be excellent. A large twin bedded room with plenty of space and storage. The beds were comfortable. The room was not en-suite but we had sole use of the beautiful bathroom just opposite with lovely toiletries provided. The breakfast was cooked to perfection and Mrs Venables did everything possible to make our stay perfect. We were staying there before and after a trip to Ireland. The return leg meant it was very when we arrived, nearly 11.00pm; this presented no problem whatsoever. We were made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, clean rooms, nice people, good beds And a perfect breakfast! We are always staying here during the Four Oaks tradeshow but everything is just perfect! They know all the good restaurants in the area and they are verry helpfull, Daun is the best!

• Stayed September 2013
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at Holly Tree Farm as it was very close to Jodrell Bank and we had tickets to see New Order. The check in time was 4PM but after a quick phone call we were able to check in a few hours earlier than that which was great.

On arriving at the farm our welcome was very friendly and so much so that the owner arranged for is son to give us a lift to a local pub to save us walking!

The room we had was huge, very clean and very quiet. We both had a good nights sleep although the copious amount of alcohol we consumed may of helped that too!!

Breakfast was served at 8:30 and the full English was a welcome sight and very well executed!

We will definitely be staying here next year for the Jodrell Bank Transmission events.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank timetoshine
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I booked this b and b for my daughter as a lone traveller. Pre visit phone calls found the owner to be helpful and courteous. After my daughters stay she found the accomadation to be clean, breakfast delicious and the hostess very friendly and kind even allowing a late check out without a fuss. Will definitely use again as a solo traveller and family booking.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lesley731420
norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

we stayed for two nights whilst visiting tatton park flower show. we were made very welcome and lots of advice on where to eat and road directions etc. the room had twin beds a lovely en-suite bathroom with lovely soft , fluffy towels and toiletries provided. a tea and coffee tray was rfilled frequently with lovely cookies as well. we didn't expect it to be quite so hot as the weather had been not good at home but thankfully dawn the proprietor came to our rescue with sun cream for which we were very grateful. The breakfast was really good and set us up for the day plenty of everything and as much or as little as you wanted to eat. When going that way in future we will definately stay there again a really nice start to our holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mantabrother2
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This has got to be my favourite place to stay. I have stayed pretty much once or twice a month for a year now so my good experiences are not a one off!! Dawn and David are both very friendly and accomodating. Always perfectly clean rooms and super breakfast. Very conveniently located between Junction 18 on M6 and south Manchester (25 -35 mins away).
A note to travellors with kids is that there is a complete fence around the B&B with a closing 5 bar gate, so I am happy to let my toddler play outside, knowing that she 100% fenced in and safe!
My daughter loves visiting the farm especially the calves, lambs, rabbits and the chickens! Beware it is a proper farmyard though and not a theme park Farmyard, so welly boots is a must and a wary eye for one old cockeral!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Me and my partner were booked into Holly Tree Farm B&B by my parents as we were attending a wedding in nearby Macclesfield. Unfortunatley what they didn't tell us is that instead of being in the town, we were to stay 15 miles away in farm house B&B. As much as our frustration of being plonked in seemingly the middle of know where, I can not knock Holly Tree Farm at all. The rooms were immaculately clean and pristine, and pleasant. The down side was that we ended up having a room with two single beds, but I wasn't responsible for the booking so I wasn't too fussed. The bed was a bit creaky and in the night if I turned it would wake me up. Other than that the place was suitable.

We stayed two nights and had breakfast in the host's house, next door. Cereals, Full English, Tea, Orange juice, toast, coffee etc.whatever you want. It was really nice and the family who own the house seemed very pleasant. The price was £130 for two nights, which I thought at first was a bit steep as If I am honest I would of prefered a cheap room at a Premier Inn or Travelodge in Macclesfield which would of been more convenient for us. However don't let me take anything away from this establishment as it is run in the run in the best possible way.

I would recommend this for elder couples, or families , but please remember it is at least 8 miles from Congleton and 15 to 16 miles from Macclesfield, so there are no shops or public amenities in the area, The Red Lion pub in Lower Withington is about 3 miles down the road and I think is the nearest pub to Holly Tree Farm

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank killersentinel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Alderley Edge Hotel
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel
The Dog Over Peover
The Dog Over Peover
#4 of 14 in Knutsford

Been to Holly Tree Farm B and B? Share your experiences!