“Always go there when I go home!”
Review of Church House Inn

Church House Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Macclesfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I always go there when I go home and can highly recommend their Chilli as well as their fabulous Sunday lunch. Always really friendly but do book a table otherwise Sundays get booked up! Also good to meet up with old friends......

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have been searching for a pub which actually serves proper pub food at reasonable prices. The Church House Inn delivers this on both accounts. The staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. We spoke to local people who go several times a week and they said they had never had a bad meal. We will definately be going back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrean51
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Just back from a 4 day visit to the area. Stayed in a hotel close to the Church House Inn. We were recommended to this pub/restaurant and were not disappointed. The drinks were fairly priced and the food excellent. We eat there 2 nights running. If you are looking for a relaxing homely place with good food, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Four of us stopped off here for a meal on a Saturday evening while staying locally. We were not disappointed, all the food we had was extremely good! Excellent beers at the bar for the guys and the ladies shared a bottle of lovely Viognier which was so good I am searching for it on line!
The waitress was a great laugh and the whole place has a very comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. When we're in this part of the country again we we will certainly eat here, well worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Went here for a meal while visiting my dad with my son. I had the lamb and it just melted in the mouth. The service was well good and the atmosphere was lovely sat in front of a lovely coal/log fire. I highly recommend eating here.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 23 January 2013

After hearing about the Church House in Bollington, we decided to try a late Sunday lunch. The day was crisp and cold but we were met by a roaring log fire and a very tempting menu. I tried the black pudding starter whilst my companion had a hearty bowl of soup du jour, having been given enough time to chat after our first course, a very pleasant waitress arrived with two plates one of steaming beef and the other lamb, both smothered in a rich gravy accompanied by a couple of dishes of vegetables. I asked for more gravy and it was brought quickly and without fuss. We ate our late lunch amidst the warmth and chat that the more successful eating houses tend to have. Our plates emptied (well nearly anyway) we tucked into crumble and apple pie served with lip licking delicious custard followed by coffee. We sat back and drank our coffee knowing that all the good things we had been told about the Church House were true. Its not all that often you can say that all courses that were placed in front of you at a particular eating house were excellent but on this day I can say they were.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2012

My husband and I stayed one night last weekend, whilst visiting our son. We had the double bed room. Everything was absolutely spotless and very well looked after. The room is small but perfectly fine. It did feel cold in the room even though the heating was on was , but this is a really old building (fabulous character with amazingly thick walls!)- and it heated up very quickly with the additional heater, so not a problem at all.The only negative I have (hence very good, not excellent rating ) was the pillows- which were really hard and flat (I do acknowledge that I am a bit pillow obsessive, but even so they were really solid). Breakfast was very nice- I had the vegetarian version without pre- ordering this; plenty of juice and coffee. All the staff were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. We would love to return on our next visit and definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MillyA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Hollin Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Prestbury
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Church House Inn? Share your experiences!