“Good”

Travelodge Macclesfield Central
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Macclesfield
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times. Eveything's good except the lift - cramped small lift that stops at the first floor reception unnecessarily every time you use it and takes it's own sweet time to close. If you're in a hurry, it would take you 5 to 10 mins to get you to your room from the entrance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner booked the travelodge at short notice as a place to stay after my friend's 25th Birthday. It was £24 for a night! Bargain! We spent very little time in the room but it was warm and clean, the bed was comfy, the bathroom was reasonably well equipped and the lodge itself was modern and new. It was also helpfully situated slap bang in the middle of town. Excellent for the price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have stayed at the Macclesfeild Central three times and each time have been impressed by the standard and the service. We usually surprise staff by asking for a room overlooking the Railway Station so that my husband can relive his boyhood days train spotting nearby. The new beds are excellent and everything is clean and well looked after. We would particularly like to commend Donna who could not do enough to amke our stay a very pleasant one.

Room Tip: If you've nejoyed a particlar room in the past, don't be afraid to ask for it the next time!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We only stayed here for one night and it was because it was £37 cheaper than Premier Inn. I was a bit worried at first but we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived. There was one lady in particular who was very pleasant and I wish I remembered her name (blonde hair and Liverpool accent - if that helps?) as she was fantastic.
Our room was lovely and although basic (bed, wardrobe, flat screen tv, dressing table, kettle with tea, coffee etc) it had everything we needed and there was no need for anything else.
All in all a fantastic hotel which we will definitely be using again.
May I also add that the pillows are lovely and the shower was so powerful it nearly knocked me off of my feet (that's a good thing and it CAN be turned down).

Room Tip: This hotel is near a rail station and although the train noise didn't affect us you may want to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a lot just recently and it is a great place to stay. Most of the staff are friendly and very helpful although Donna is a cut above the rest we cannot fault her.
The only fault is if you stay for more than few days you have to request for your room to be cleaned which is probs the only downside to the hotel. An on site restaurant would make a difference. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We always use Travelodge when we can and stayed here for two nights visiting family. The hotel was one of the newly refurbished ones so the decor throughout was clean and smart. Staff are very friendly.
We both have bad backs and the reason we try to always find a Travelodge is that we know we will find the beds comfortable, so, having been told by the Receptionist that this Travelodge had spent a thousand pounds on every new bed we were quite excited to try it out.....
I'm sorry Travelodge, we love you, but we could not sleep in your new bed, its far too hard, like sleeping on the floor, and the lovely looking new pillows are overstuffed so there is no 'give' in them. We ended up putting the pillows under the bottom sheet to create a 'topper' on the mattress so we could get a few pain free hours....not a good experience and in future we'll have to book a Travelodge that has not been refurbished until they all have been, and then we'll have to change our allegiance to another brand!
There was another negative too, I'd forgotten my hairdryer and was given one at Reception. Two problems here, one is that the hairdryer was poor quality and didn't get really hot but the worst problem was that you cannot find a socket adjacent to a mirror! The dryer has a short flex so if you plug it in by the kettle socket you have to kneel down to use it and, by leaning over, use the mirror which is on the opposite wall next to the hanging space! There is another socket by the wall heater but no mirror available, (I should mention that I usually bring my own hairdryer which has a very long flex). Many years ago when I used to work in the hotel industry, reception, sales and marketing staff were required to stay overnight as often as practical in different rooms so we gained full product knowledge and could also test the facilites and services. Its amazing how many sticking windows, unreachable sockets, kettles that cannot be filled at the wash basin, lack of hanging hooks, inaccessable mirrors, dripping taps, too hot radiators and unacceptable noise levels we were able to report!
I wish they had spent some of the thousand pounds that went on a bed too hard to sleep on, on fixing some of the smaller details like having better hairdryers, checking that there is a socket next to the mirror so the drier can be used safely, and maybe providing bigger, better quality towels, and for two people when two people have booked a room (I know one set of towels is standard but not finding this out until dripping from the shower is annoying, (there is no telephone to request more, you have to dress and go down to Reception), you know how many occupants there are, its required on the booking form!)
So, unusually for me to moan about Travelodge but we had two sleepless nights, couldn't dry my hair properly because an idiot designed the room layout. Our stay made us tired and grumpy...a thousand pounds on a bed........its impressive but only if its an improvement!

PS: The best restaurant we found was Lazeez a fabulous indian restaurant with amazing cocktails, superb food....seriously not to be missed.

Room Tip: Don't forget your own hairdryer and make sure it has a long flex! On arrival in your room check...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We were visiting for a family wedding. The rooms were excellent with a lovely large bed, shower & very modern decoration. The staff were very friendly (note.. the only parking are 4 spaces outside for 1 hour stay) but plenty of available parking opposite from 8am-6pm chargeable. I would recommend this hotel, especially the great value, no hot breakfast available although breakfast boxes were @ £4.50.
Walk up the cobble streets to plenty of deli bars & fully cooked breakfast available + plenty of lovely friendly local people! Be warned its very cobbled & hilly, not 4 faint hearted!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington
#1 of 2 in Prestbury
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Travelodge Macclesfield Central? Share your experiences!