I stayed in Travelodge for a month during my business trip to Macclesfield (MACC). I checked around the area before selecting Macclesfield Central and it was indeed a good decision.
Service - staff is very friendly and will always be there to help you out. Richard, the hotel manager and Donna, were very helpful and was always there to sort out the issues. Staff work in shifts so if you speak with someone in the morning, there are high chances that you will find a different person over the counter in the evening.
Property and Security - rooms are very clean. Before traveling I read through the tripadvisor reviews and hotel website, where I read that they were under renovation for couple of weeks. Im happy with what they did with the rooms. To access your room, you have to use the access key to enter the floor as well, which is pretty good. Both the elevators stops at reception all the time. In a way its good as staff would know as who is coming in and going out. But sometimes, its annoying as it takes lot of time to close and open the doors. So I used to catch the elevator from reception. There is a CCTV camera outside the hotel entrance. So its very safe to stand outside and smoke (if you are a smoker, as hotel is stricktly no-smoking zone) or get into a conversation with your friend. Auto doors at the entrance closes at 10 PM. You can either use your room key to access the door or call the reception by pressing CALL button and they will be happy to help you out.
Rooms - was cleaned everyday. Coffee/tea maker, hangers, beer bottle opener, toiletries. For travelers flying from outside UK, you can request for a multi region converter which is available at the reception.
Travel around - Hotel is right opposite to Macclesfield train station. So if you want to catch a train ride to London or Manchester, you just have to cross the road and buy your tickets. Hotel is also very close to Macclesfield bus stand, which is 5-10 minutes walk. You can take day/weekly pass and get unlimited rides. Towns like Buxton, Manchester, Crewe, Hurtsford, Knutsford are very well connected. You have to buy the tickets in the bus when you start your ride. If you buy pass, you can also go to Manchester. Check for details at the bus stand, as there is limited service on weekends.
Eating out - close to Restaurants, Lounges and Bars - most of the happening bars (Revolution, Ronnie, Tonic, Rin Tiki Bar) are10 minutes away. So are the restaurants. There are two pubs very close to the hotel. One with Rock banks performing live on weekends and the other with sports channels for all EPL games. There is a Subway opposite to the bus stand.
Shopping & Finance - Very close to Market Place. 5-10 minutes walk to cafes and shops to spend your time walking around, shopping over the weekend. Shops closes at around 6 in the evening. There is a TESCO store near the Market Place. Many banks and ATMs are around.
Some of the points where I think the hotel needs improvements or which annoyed me a bit,
- Sometimes it was difficult to follow up because of shift change. Please keep the reservation office/customer care number handy with you as for some of the issues, you will be asked to contact them. I had to shorten my trip and hence requested one of the reception staff member to make the changes in the system. She said that I have to call the reservation office as hotel staff do not have access to make required changes in the reservations. What ? Really ? So, I called up the reservation office and burned my pounds calling them to know that the hotel reception can make the changes. So next time, I spoke with Richard and he was very prompt to change the dates and instantly provide me with card refund slip.
- Keep your key away from your phone as the data in the magnetic strip gets wiped out. It happened with me number of times, when I had to go all the way to reception from 4th Floor access to get it activated.
- Rooms do not have an intercom so if you want to speak to the reception, you have to go all the way down.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Macclesfield Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Macclesfield Central Hotel Macclesfield
- Travelodge Macclesfield Central Cheshire