“excellent”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Macclesfield
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had a one night stay here, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the room was very nice. It was spacious, very clean and well maintained. Great location for our needs. Would definately recommend.

1 Thank Debbie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Surbiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I regularly stay in Travelodges, this was the first time here. This one had been updated and it showed. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and it had proper pillows, not the flat ones you normally get in these places. I hope other Travelodges are imporoved to this standard. Pity it does not have a breakfast room though.

1 Thank Kenneth C
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Conveniently located with parking nearby this is a superb example of the newly refurbished Travelodges. The room was large, warm and spotlessly clean with plenty of hot water in the well equipped modern bathroom.
Donna and Susan at reception were very friendly and helpful making us feel most welcome.
Although there is no parking on site there is plenty of room in the station car park opposite which is free between 6.00pm and 8.00pm.
Although next to the railway there is very little noise from passing trains.
We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Very clean and new - we got a room at the rear side which was pretty quiet; I understand the front rooms may not be that good? There's plenty of reasonably priced parking available just outside of the hotel. Some decent restaurants too. I'm judging this for what it is; a budget hotel with the price to go with it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank promitheus
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is not a review of the facility of the Macclesfield Central Travelodge because I didn't actually get to stay there. I arrived at 19:40 after travelling from York expecting to quickly check-in, do a quick change and meet friends in Macclesfield town at eight as arranged. I 'booked' and paid for the room online 2 months earlier, on a non-refundable saver rate. Such rates, I have assumed, are a way of the hotel ensuring occupancy by offering discount if the customer pays in advance. When I arrived, I was told there was no room for me. They had over-booked and and I would have to be sent elsewhere (5 miles out of town). I was totally gobsmacked. I had 'booked' my room and paid in advance. I had chosen the Macclesfield town Travelodge because I specifically wanted to not have to drive, so I could have a drink with my friends. I had 20 minutes before meeting them. I was lucky that a friend offered to put me up for the night instead. I have been assured of a refund, but was not offered one then, rather I have to get in touch with the elusive 'Customer Services' team, who can only be contacted online, and who only aim to reply within 5 working days. I am appalled. Beware, a so-called 'booking' with Travelodge is not a booking, it's just handing over your money to them and gambling that you may have a place to stay. Since this happened (on Friday 6th December), it has been suggested to me that it's Travelodge policy - take the online saver booking money, but if a full price customer arrives later, take their money instead and turn away the discounted customer. I can not understand how this is legal. I can understand how they get away with it though - hotels are expensive, and most people have to take the discounted option.

Room Tip: Do not rely on Travelodge booking. It is not a booking.
5 Thank Patricia H
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Visit family in Macclesfield and for a couple of visits in November my Grandad was in hospital. The receptionist, Donna, was excellent asking how he was. Only downside is the train noise if on the station side as they start around 5am. The hotel is nice and close to a great fish and chip shop round the corner, cafés and Tesco.

Stayed November 2013
York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a refurbished hotel and what a revelation it was. The staff were superb, very friendly and helpful and the hotel was fresh and bright with very comfortable best. For value for money it cannot be beaten. The location gives excellent access on foot to the restaurants and pubs in the town and there is easy nearby parking - free from Sat at 6pm and throughout Sunday. I would thoroughly recommend this a good overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BunterYork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel
Chadwick House Hotel
Chadwick House Hotel
#8 of 8 in Macclesfield
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Travelodge Macclesfield Central? Share your experiences!