“Terrible, abused, pathetic”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Macclesfield
Hyderabad, India
“Terrible, abused, pathetic”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hi stayed at this for a few nights
Rooms,- the smallest possible, some peoole may even not fit in them.
Bathrooms - vv small and bad fittings.
Attitude of the owner - This is the biggest issue, the guy is v rude he will pass on rude comments if you are an indian.
Breakfast - very minimal options and even if you ask anything different you would be refused.

I strongly reccommend not to make the mistake me and many of my colleagues did by staying here for all if you believe in general respect and humanity.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Puneet1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
wigan
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I reserved 3 rooms for my family. We had been invited to a wedding that started at 2pm. I emailed and asked could we have 1 room from 11or 12 to enable us to get ready. I received a reply saying yes and that we would have to pay an extra £10. I also asked for 1of the breakfast could be glutenfree. When we arrived the hotel was empty. My husband rang and the lady owner said that she was shopping and had no knowledge of our request. She came back and made us feel very uncomfortable and that we were out of order arriving so early. After we had negotiated the very steep steps to enter the property we were shown to our rooms. They were very basic don't think I've ever stayed in one as poor. My husband requested an extra pillow as he has a neck problem. This never appeared neither did my glutenfree breakfast. They blamed booking.com for problems and proceeded to moan about what percentage they took and then tax deduction. Just what we wanted on a Sunday morning a couple of moaning minnies. My advice book elsewhere. My advice to owners retire to your house in Dubai and play golf you're obviously not suited to running a B&B. Learn some people skills Janet Grundy

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank janetgWigan

Travellers are raving about these Macclesfield hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The name is very grand but it's a B&B, and a very decent one at that - nothing fancy, clean and cosy with very friendly and helpful proprietors. Stairs are steep so not really for anyone with mobility problems although there are ground floor rooms. I had an en suite attic room with a cosy single bed. The only problem was the shower where the water flow was ok but not terribly enthusiastic and, to be honest, the shower-mould was a bit obvious- it's not too difficult to get rid of so why not clean it up.

Car park is small so check that there is space before you arrive.

I'd certainly stay again,

Breakfast was a decent selection of the usual cereals and a piping hot 'fry. The owners have Ulster roots so the Ulster Fry breakfast score of 7/10 was to be expected.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank UlsterFryNo1
western australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We discovered this lovely B & B while travelling through U.K, well located, minutes walk to village centre, very clean and comfortable rooms, close to transport and Manchester by train.
The owners made us very welcome and the breakfast was everything you could wish for, highly recommend, value for money here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susanne10
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Spent one night at Chadwick House Hotel. Whilst the hotel is somewhat dated it is clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was tasty and the service was excellent.

The price charged is very reasonable and competes well with budget chain hotels as Chadwick goes the extra mile.

Would I stay here again, probably yes when next in Macclesfield on business.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cranfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

One night stopover with my friend as we were going out in town. The room was basic with a small toilet/shower, tea and coffee making facilities and a small TV. The place was clean with decent service, and close to town. The breakfast was nice and cooked to order. Overall it did the job for a decent price and I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stopped here after our wedding reception at the nearby Tytherington club.
Needless to say we didn't really spend much time in the room as we didn't get in til gone midnight.
I had a good nights sleep and really enjoyed the full english breakfast as I had certainly worked up an appetite ;-).
The owners were really friendly and attentive and the whole place seemed to be clean and tidy.
I understand there is limited parking here but that wasn't an issue for us as we had lifts to and from the hotel. I would recommend this place for anyone having a night out in Macc as it's fairly close to the town centre and good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jannyrocks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge

Been to Chadwick House Hotel? Share your experiences!