“Okay, but too small for more than a few nights”
Review of Moorhayes House

Moorhayes House
Moorhayes House
Ranked #16 of 17 Macclesfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Moorhayes was a good location for my entire family of 16 to stay while in the area for a family party. It was one of only a few places with enough rooms to accomodate all of us. It was fine for the 2 nights we were there, but would not recommend it as a base camp for a longer stay. The house is clean, the food was good and Helen was very helpful and kind, but the rooms are small and there is no common sitting area to gather. the decor is rather institutional. Our pet was welcome.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HelenMacclesfield, Owner at Moorhayes House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2008

Please note, anyone reading this review, that we do NOT accept pets. My husband is allergic to both dogs and cats. On this occasion, the guests turned up at the door with their dog, not having asked in advance. As my husband was away, I allowed the dog in rather than make it sleep in the car, but this will not be repeated.
As the guest mentioned in the review, we do not have a "guest lounge", although we have a porch with five comfortable chairs for the use of guests. On this occasion, the porch was obviously not large enough for sixteen people.

There are newer reviews for Moorhayes House

Reviewed 18 October 2007

What a horrid place. I first was put in a room so small and dreary I just could not stay in. I told the lady to move me or i was taking my group and we were moved.
She had put us downstairs in the worst rooms she had. We were the only guests.
Up stairs where she moved me to was much fresher and nicer.
However the bath was so small you could not close the door and take a shower as when you got in or out you had to step in from the bedroom. it was not 2ft by 5ft and included shower and toilet.
The sink was in the bedroom.

I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank certifiedtraveler

I accept constructive criticism, but I remember this woman well. She was the most difficult guest we have ever had, finding fault from the moment she entered our home. She was placed in the single room because she had insisted in advance that she wanted the cheapest room (we only have one single). When she complained, she was upgraded at no extra cost although this meant that the double room was then no longer available for latecomers. She seemed to expect to be placed in our best room on the cheapest rate!

A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 27 September 2004

Stayed four nights in a wonderful B&B. The owners could not have been more helpful with our visit from the States. The room was clean and good sized with clean bath ensuite. The owner supplied maps and directions and even drove us arround some to show us how to get arround town. The breakfast was excellent and the service was great. I can't thank them enough for how we were treated, it helped to make our stay in Macclesfield one of the best parts of our trip.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your review. We do try to "go the extra mile" for our guests, helping them in any way we can.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
#5 of 8 in Macclesfield
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Moorhayes House? Share your experiences!