Discovering the Ryles Arms was entirely by chance. I had wanted to stay at another B&B, but they didn't respond to my request. Just as well, I was thrilled with The Ryles. They were fast in responding to my request and were easy to deal with.
I booked in for 4 days, and what a great surprise it was. The location in Higher Sutton is gorgeous, Cheshire countryside is idyllic. The converted barn room that I had was immaculate, with lovely decor. My favourite part was looking out the window into the fields, hearing the birds.. It was lovely. It was worth every penny.
The manager/owner is very efficient..seemed like he was a bit behind the eight ball at times and in need of more employees. Regardless, he was great and the staff that I dealt with were excellent, friendly and fun to deal with.
Foodwise, it was great. I can't eat a lot of heavy food, and this menu is primarily that. Major meat dishes - food that I used to love..! I found my way around it, as I have to do, and was entirely satisfied with the large menu. The Inn restaurant is very popular for locals..and it really hops on the weekend. The breakfast is really good. They'll certainly take care of whatever you want.
If you require wifi, they do have it but it is a rather hit or miss affair. Hopefully they'll attempt to upgrade it, as it can be a tad frustrating if you need to be in the loop.
I also wanted to make some long-distance calls - but they didn't have the facilities for that I was told...? There were phones in the room but....? So, I left that alone and had a very quiet four days of not talking to anyone but the staff. Kind of wonderful really.
If you're looking for a quiet, romantic getaway or just a tiny break - this is the place. There are trails nearby for a wonderful wander, good food and... silence.. lovely countryside... with your neighbours being sheep and cows. This place was an unexpected and lovely discovery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The real Taste of Cheshire” Set amidst the rolling hills of the Cheshire countryside. The start/finish of the Gritstone Trail, and other rambling routes. The Ryles Arms has long been established as a venue for home cooked food, that offers a welcoming, friendly and relaxed environment. The Ryles Arms has free, secure car parking and the five bedrooms all have en-suite bathrooms, tea/coffee making facilities and complimentary Wi-Fi.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served, with much of the produce sourced from the local area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Ryles Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ryles Arms Hotel Macclesfield
- The Ryles Arms Macclesfield, Cheshire