The Ryles Arms
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssteakthe pubconverted barncooked to perfectionfantastic foodpielarge portionsextensive menupastryquality and quantityper couplespecials boardblack puddingcheshire countrysidethree course meallovely staffgreat night
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Fabulous "Dine And Stay" at The Ryles Arms, as well as staying overnight we also had a three course meal and breakfast included in the price. The staff were exceptional upon arrival and throughout out stay, the room was clean and comfortable and our dinner was fantastic, a lovely relaxed atmosphere and really enjoyed our evening. Breakfast was also excellent and we will be recommending this wonderful break to all our friends. It was a really great little break and will definitely be back with some of our pals too! Well done to all the team and thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Made a call at 5.20pm on a Saturday requesting a table for 4, sorted, no problem. Arrived at the Ryles Arms and the place was packed but we were led to our table within minutes. Food was, as always, excellent. Service was also excellent. Faultless.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Excellent stay at The Ryles Arms Saturday night. We were walking The Gritstone Trail in two days and this is the only place to stay directly on the route. Nice spacious clean room and bathroom (needed the big bath to soak our weary limbs after 15 mile walk!) in adjoining barn conversion. Surprising little noise from adjacent kitchen area or car park, just rattling pipes throughout the night which is the only reason didn't give this stay a 5 star rating.
Outstanding value if you go for the Stay and Dine option for £110 which includes accommodation for a couple plus full 3 course dinner for you both, and you can choose from all the options including excellent steaks.
Up promptly for 8am breakfast and were even able to buy sandwiches for our packed lunch for that days walk (20 miles remaining which is pretty tough!).
To be highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Today, the visit day is the 9/4/2013 (Evening) This was our second visit to this establishment and although previously we had not had a good experience we thought it was a one off and gave it a high mark. I am afraid I cannot do the same this time. Went in to the bar and asked for menus, whilst at the bar getting our drinks the waitress reeled off all the starters and specials . We were very impressed with the minute details she gave and complemented her on her memory skills on the menu Ordered the mixed grill as per my previous visit. At £17.95 seemed to be very expensive for pub food but the menu said it was a variety of meat, so I thought you get what you pay for. The waitress with the marvellous memory brought the food to the table and I noticed it was missing the egg. My wife could not remember if it was included and the waitress kept silent. Curiosity got the better of me so I asked the waitress for the menu. She came back with one and miraculously remembered yes I was right the egg was missing and went to order me one.
On re reading the menu I also noticed it was also missing a piece of black pudding and a sausage. Bearing in mind it is £17.95
Another waiter then came to the table and said the egg had popped did I still want it. I said no
and said other parts of the dish were also missing at which point he let out a hugh sigh as if to say what is your problem. My problem was that it was not him paying the £17.95 and it was not the first time I had had poor service. He left the table at which point I assume the manager came over and said I should not talk to his staff like that I responded that he should not make heavy sighs to customers who had a valid complaint. The manager said the fault was down to the new Chef which is exactly what they said the previous time. Either they go through Chefs like a dose of salts or it is a standard answer they give to all customers. I wont report them under the Trade Descriptions Act but be warned ensure you get what you order. We certainly will not be going back on a third time lucky basis !! All this would have been avoided if the waitress had initially said you are quite right sir the egg is missing I am sorry I will order you another one

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Booked by phone and immediately upgraded to the Superior room, lovely albeit you had to mind your head on the Oldie Worldie roof beams, made that 4 o'clock pitch black trip to the toilet most interesting.
Its a bloke thing.
Food excellent and service very good indeed, charming people.
Would certainly recommend.