Red Oaks Farm
The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)(Great Value!)
US$98
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Hollin Hall Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$79
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
US$107
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
US$152
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
    Chadwick House Hotel(Macclesfield)
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsworking farmbed was very comfortableb bstayed herebrendafridgebedroom
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 9 May 2013

I came the first time few years ago, and now, I stay in this lovely place always I come in Bollington or Macclesfield!!
    The owner Brenda is very nice!! It's a quiet place, very familiarly!
    The breakfast is excellent!! Can't wait to come back again!!
    And also the price!! I'm from France, so maybe I am wrong, but it's very cheap!!! The english breakfast is full, and also if you want something that is not in the menu, Brenda can cook it specially for you!!
    Only regret, last time I forgot to ask about Wifi, and my french phone bring me a big bill when I came back, so next time I have to think about Wifi!!
    I definatly come back, and suggest to people who come in Bollington to stay here!!!

Room Tip: Because of my budget I alsways ask a very small room, and have to use the family bathroom (that I think I'm alone to use), but for the couple I suggest to take the bigger rooms at the first floor!!
    • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
    1  Thank AURELIEN T
    Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have been staying at red oaks farm for several month due to working in the area, the rooms are great and the working farm is a delight, an escape from the busy town I live in. I have fed the lambs and shared in the joy of the seasons. In the winter it is like a picture post card, Brenda's and Alan the owners are so welcoming, it's just a great place to be. Would recommend to anyone who loves friendly hospitality.

Room Tip: Just speak to Brenda and you will not be disappointed
    • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
    1  Thank Heather C
    Reviewed 14 August 2012

Sorry to say the noise was terrible the entire stay. The dogs did nothing but bark, plus one of the Jack Russels actually did a wee on our bedroom floor whilst we were being shown to our room. Did not fill us with confidence about the hygiene of the place. Too much cockerel noise throughout the morning and late evening. Also whilst looking around the farm we looked into a stable which had what looked like 'battery hens' in poor health, no water and there was a dead one being pecked in the corner! I hope this wasn't where my 'already eaten' apparently freerange egg came from!!! Would we stay here again? - a definate NO!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
    5  Thank Karen o
    Reviewed 16 July 2012

my husband and I stayed her for one night last weekend. We were visiting our son in the village and wanted an "upgrade" from sleeping on his floor! This was an excellent choice- warm, spotlessly clean- everything you could want. Breakfast was really delicious (I had scrambled eggs - the eggs were from one of their hens- fabulous!) About twenty minutes walking distance from the village- not a problem.The farm's variety of animals that you can see from your bedroom window is amazing and a real bonus- really unusual geese and cattle- and lamas! Plus when we were there, one of the gorgeous little dogs had had puppies- adorable! Brenda gave us a fabulous and friendly welcome and made our stay feel like home form home- would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank MillyA
    Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife, dog and I spent two nights at Red Oaks Farm in late February 2012. The hospitality was superb, nothing we asked for was too much trouble. One thing is certain, you will never starve or be cold there! The house is lovely, probably what you expect for a farm house, beautifly cluttered! The room we had was very good, furnished to a high standard, en-suite was to a very high quality, very clean througout. Our room had a fridge, microwave, TV, tea/coffe making facilities, as I think they all did. Would thorogjly recommed to anyone. We even got to go and look at all the animals!

Room Tip: There is one room on the ground floor, so if stairs are a problem, see if this one is available.
    • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple