“Home from Home”
Review of Red Oaks Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macclesfield
Red Oaks Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Macclesfield B&B and Inns
Keele, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I regularly stay at Red Oaks when on business in the area. It is a welcome and serene retreat from work. Rooms are extremely comfortable and I feel very much at home. It is a great place to relax. I love the quiet rural location with farm animals in the fields outside my window. The farm is on the edge of Bollington, a much sought after place to live with lots of good places to eat and drink. Very picturesque on the edge of The Peak District, canal and countryside on the doorstep. Four miles from Macclesfield and the main west coast line from London to Manchester. Very reasonable rates, a real treat.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at Red Oaks Farm for one night and had a lovely stay. As a group of friends we took all three rooms at the B&B and were made to feel very welcome - by the owners and the cute dogs! The rooms are very clean, have everything you need and the beds are comfy. Breakfast was very tasty with a great choice. There are lots of trinkets everywhere - so if minimalistic is your thing then this may not be the place for you but it suited the building and made it feel very homely! Views are fantastic, looking out over the farm and compared to other places we have stayed in the area we would highly recommend Red Oaks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Meaux, France
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I came the first time few years ago, and now, I stay in this lovely place always I come in Bollington or Macclesfield!!
The owner Brenda is very nice!! It's a quiet place, very familiarly!
The breakfast is excellent!! Can't wait to come back again!!
And also the price!! I'm from France, so maybe I am wrong, but it's very cheap!!! The english breakfast is full, and also if you want something that is not in the menu, Brenda can cook it specially for you!!
Only regret, last time I forgot to ask about Wifi, and my french phone bring me a big bill when I came back, so next time I have to think about Wifi!!
I definatly come back, and suggest to people who come in Bollington to stay here!!!

Room Tip: Because of my budget I alsways ask a very small room, and have to use the family bathroom (that I th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AURELIEN T
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have been staying at red oaks farm for several month due to working in the area, the rooms are great and the working farm is a delight, an escape from the busy town I live in. I have fed the lambs and shared in the joy of the seasons. In the winter it is like a picture post card, Brenda's and Alan the owners are so welcoming, it's just a great place to be. Would recommend to anyone who loves friendly hospitality.

Room Tip: Just speak to Brenda and you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Heather C
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Sorry to say the noise was terrible the entire stay. The dogs did nothing but bark, plus one of the Jack Russels actually did a wee on our bedroom floor whilst we were being shown to our room. Did not fill us with confidence about the hygiene of the place. Too much cockerel noise throughout the morning and late evening. Also whilst looking around the farm we looked into a stable which had what looked like 'battery hens' in poor health, no water and there was a dead one being pecked in the corner! I hope this wasn't where my 'already eaten' apparently freerange egg came from!!! Would we stay here again? - a definate NO!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Karen o
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

my husband and I stayed her for one night last weekend. We were visiting our son in the village and wanted an "upgrade" from sleeping on his floor! This was an excellent choice- warm, spotlessly clean- everything you could want. Breakfast was really delicious (I had scrambled eggs - the eggs were from one of their hens- fabulous!) About twenty minutes walking distance from the village- not a problem.The farm's variety of animals that you can see from your bedroom window is amazing and a real bonus- really unusual geese and cattle- and lamas! Plus when we were there, one of the gorgeous little dogs had had puppies- adorable! Brenda gave us a fabulous and friendly welcome and made our stay feel like home form home- would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MillyA
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife, dog and I spent two nights at Red Oaks Farm in late February 2012. The hospitality was superb, nothing we asked for was too much trouble. One thing is certain, you will never starve or be cold there! The house is lovely, probably what you expect for a farm house, beautifly cluttered! The room we had was very good, furnished to a high standard, en-suite was to a very high quality, very clean througout. Our room had a fridge, microwave, TV, tea/coffe making facilities, as I think they all did. Would thorogjly recommed to anyone. We even got to go and look at all the animals!

Room Tip: There is one room on the ground floor, so if stairs are a problem, see if this one is available.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Hollin Hall Hotel
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Red Oaks Farm? Share your experiences!