“Lovely room”
Review of Abbey Bridge

Abbey Bridge
Ranked #6 of 25 Brampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Our room was really nice, clean with a good shower and comfortable bed. The dining experience wasn't really for us, as it was quite expensive and the atmosphere not so great. It's in a lovely location next to the river.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon C

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We have just had the most wonderful night at Abbey Bridge. Very comfortable bed, room and bath and simply superb dinner, cooked by our host Tim. The soup (I'd love the recipe), beef casserole and plum dessert were all delicious. But the icing on the cake for me was my porridge at breakfast. Not a great fry up person, I asked Tim if I could have porridge and told him the way I like it. It was perfection in a bowl and it sustained me on the stretch of Hadrian's Wall walk today to Carlisle. Thank you Tim very much indeed.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2012

First stop on my Hadrian's Wall walk. Completed 16 miles from Carlisle on a glorious August day - one of the few apparently. Bumped into some serious walkers who were doing a hero's walk from Housestead Fort in one day - I kid you not. Walked into Lanercost with them and asked a friendly local the direction to Abbey Bridge. Lovely setting by the river. Warm welcome from the owner and my wife who had bussed the first section - she had bronchitis and whimped out. Abbey Bridge was originally a pub now a great b&b. Downed a cold boutique beer and asked about grub. No dinners but the wall bus into Brampton stopped outside the door, where there are many eating places, and a 5 quid taxi home. Comfortable,airy rooms, attention to detail excellent. Typical energy storing English breakfast served in a pleasant setting. Ate with a number of the hero walkers. It was like a hospital casualty station - blisters, sprained ankles, dodgy knees. Still 19 miles in one day over the most difficult section of the walk. I though they were the heros.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robmacca
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at the Abbey Bridge B&B whilst walking Hadrian’s Wall. It is located just down the hill from the Hadrian’s Wall trail and I received a warm welcome on arrival. My first impression was that of a beautiful house located in picturesque valley next to a river. The room was very comfortable and the en suite bathroom had a fantastic double shower – just what was needed after a long day of walking! Drying facilities were also available for my wet boots. Dinner was an excellent three-course set menu (£20) and breakfast couldn’t have been better. Meals were served around a large dining table allowing everyone to chat, which was different to other place I had stayed and a nice touch. Packed lunches were available for £5 (cheaper than other B&Bs on the wall which were all £6). Wifi is available. Overall a lovely stay and I would definitely go back – thanks Tim!

Room Tip: Book early as it fills up quickly! If you require dinner, book in advance to ensure it is available...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Like most people I stayed at the Abbey Bridge while doing the Hadrian's wall walk. I found the room, food and facilities to be finished to a high standard. My room was lovely and comfortable with a luxurious and clean en suite. Good chat at the breakfast table with other walkers and I would have taken advantage of the honesty bar if I hadn't had a long day of walking ahead of me. I took the bus into Brampton for an evening meal which wasn't great but it is a nice little town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was a lovely place to stop. The house was grand, welcome warm, he room was great with a good comfortable bed and a bath!!
We ate dinner there which was great. A communal table with a well stocked honesty bar. Nice food. The company was nice with strangers also walking Hadrian's Wall. Good sleep and a fine breakfast. It is about a mile off the wall path so adds a little extra to your distance! Would recommend it readily

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Whilst walking from Carlisle to Newcastle we stayed at Abbey Bridge B & B. The room was very comfortable. The en suite and bedroom were furnished to a high standard. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and generally felt we had enjoyed excellent value for money. If we ever return to Lanercost - we will definitely stay at the Abbey Bridge Guest House.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple