“A real find”

New Mills Trout Fishing Park
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Brampton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique trout fishing park with superb scenery and a stream fed lake at its centre. New Mills also provides one of the largest tackle shops in the north of Cumbria. Set within 7 acres of rolling countryside and centred on an historic 1753 Corn Mill, which was originally part of the Howard family's Naworth Castle Estate. Glamping available in 7 Deluxe Running Water Wigwams, offering cosy, heated accommodation with kitchen and en-suite shower and toilet. Some available with wood fired hot tubs. 1 acre Troutmasters fly fishing lake and additional fun fishing 'bait' pond. Fishing lessons. Children's fishing parties. Corporate fishing days. Fresh trout for sale. Onsite cafe and bistro. Children's play area.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stopped here for a light lunch and we were thrilled with what we found. Beautifully kept. Perfect setting. The food was superb, and very efficiently served by great staff. We will be back. (Can't vouch for the fishing, but there were certainly plenty of people having a go!)

All reviews
"weekend break"
in 3 reviews
"peaceful surroundings"
in 2 reviews
"staff were very helpful"
in 5 reviews
"lovely site"
"short stay"
"feel very welcome"
in 3 reviews
"couldn't do enough"

Reviewed 19 August 2014

i was driving to newcastle from carlisle and i passed a sign said new mills trout farm,i went in to see if they served refreshments.
the food was fantastic and all made locally and in their kitchens.
i was amazed to see so many kids fishing in the kids area and the professionals in the lake,didnt know so many people loved it!
i had some trout pate which was fantastic and home made bread,if your passing this area pop in and have some good food and fun,im not a fisherman but their was a lot to do and a fantastic spot.
dave

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We unexpectedly found this cafe for lunch and what a find it was. I had a delicious bowl of broad bean an lettuce soup with a tasty homemade roll along with a wonderful trout pate. My husband had the best homemade spinach and bacon quiche I have ever tasted. We then shared a very nice bake well tart with our coffee. A very nice lunch at a reasonable price.

It is a small cafe but it is set in an idyllic location and if the weather is nice you can sit outside.

My only regret is we are on holiday and we won't be able to come regularly for lunch!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stopped for tea around 4pm at the Trout Farm just outside Brampton. A nice place, serving a raspberry bakewell served with cream and a strawberry. Very good tea - Suki Belfast brew. The owner Kate Goode was very pleasant.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was staying with a friend who drove us to New Mills for lunch. Had I have been on my own , I would have driven past, as I have little interest in trout fishing, and I had no idea that such a great lunch was available. An interesting menu, with something for everyone. I had the smoked trout pate, served with a imaginative salad , and super bread. A very well presented and appetising platter. I would like to have bought produce from the venue, but non was available at the time , but I understand this aspect of the business is being developed. We had a cheerful welcome from the staff , and were well looked after. I must find an excuse to go back!