The weathe was bitterly cold but sunny interspersed with hailstones but thanks to the warmth and comfort of the barn we had a great week.
Every comfort was there, good settees, good tv, super beds, good cooker, excellent bathroom facilitiesa and a helpful farmer`s wife who had information if you wanted to take it.
Yes, the kitchen alarm went off once but we had burnt toast! and when the farm was busy we just half-closed the long blinds in the kitchen to make it more private and to stop our dogs having a bark, but the room was still bright and pleasant.
Parking was outside the door in the farmyard and at first when you drive in it looks a little off putting because everyone else is parking outside their cottages too. Maybe in the busy summer period this could be a problem but we found it ok.
the enclosed garden was excellent , safe for dogs and children and pleasant to have a coffee outside. The hot-tub wasn`t our cup of tea so we just ignored it.
We hope to return later this year.
- Fire alarm goes off all the time!, can't understand why it's fitted in kitchen!!!!!
- Not much privacy, people peering over fence & in windows.
- Old man kept coming into back garden to check on a hot tub which we had no idea was being put in our garden during our stay!, so on one of the days had fitters wandering past our windows, in our garden & in house!, new hot tub took half our seating area up......wasn't informed it was being put in prior to our holiday!
- Kettle didn't work but was replaced.
- Front door very temperamental.
- Bedside draw full of old sweets & sweet wrappers from previous holiday makers!
- Not that peaceful or private.
- Parking a bit higgildy pilgaldy.
- Owners not very helpful or respectful.
- Nicely set out house.
- Great en-suites in each room.
- comfy beds.
- Great views from garden.
- Pretty woodland walk close by.
- Great accommodation for dogs.
- Great place for visiting local areas.
- Value for money.
- Clean apart from bedside draw!
- Lovely log burner.
- Holiday agents customer services very supportive.